The Official Forum  

Go Back   The Official Forum > Basketball

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old Mon May 20, 2002, 08:32am
Official Forum Member

Send a message via AIM to rainmaker
...when I heard the name "Eli Roe" announced at the WNBA pre-season game I attended last evening!!! Somehow, I hadn't understood that he was doing WNBA, so I wasn't watching for him.

At first, I was thinking, "What will I say about him on the board? Will I have to be only polite?" But it soon became obvious that I would be able to lean back and enjoy the show, and learn a little something. Eli definitely deservedSto be at the level he's at, and I'll be watching for him to move up in the future (if he wants to).

I thought the crew overall did a very good job. There was one call which the fans went ballistic over (a crashing block, with a travel before it), which the replay on the overhead screen didn't show clearly. It was made by a partner of eroe. From my very experienced point of view, the partner was in good position, and it was probably a good call. If it was a bad call, it was the only one. They called it quite a bit tighter than last year, which I approve of, and they all hustled and looked great (if I were not old enough to be Eli's mother, I'd be following Mark P's example and calling him "hunk-a-licious").

Eli, the best thing you did was to be certain Portland won. I really couldn't even tell how you did it! It was an absolute gas to watch it, and I HOPE YOU WILL LET ME KNOW, if you're to be in Portland again. I don't even need free tickets, since I have season tickets.

[Edited by rainmaker on May 20th, 2002 at 08:41 AM]
Old Mon May 20, 2002, 06:25pm
certified Hot Mom tester

Question

Quote:
Originally posted by rainmaker
[BThey called it quite a bit tighter than last year, which I approve of, and they all hustled and looked great (if I were not old enough to be Eli's mother, I'd be following Mark P's example and calling him "hunk-a-licious").
[Edited by rainmaker on May 20th, 2002 at 08:41 AM] [/B]
Juulie - I hope you are making reference to the times I have referred to women as "babe-a-licious" and not that I have ever referred to a male as "hunk-a-licious", which I have not.

Not that there's anything wrong with that.
Old Mon May 20, 2002, 10:11pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally posted by Mark Padgett
Not that there's anything wrong with that.
No, of course not.
Old Mon May 20, 2002, 10:35pm
Do not give a damn!!

Who dat?

You the hell is Eli Roe?

Peace
Old Tue May 21, 2002, 08:02am
Official Forum Member

Send a message via AIM to ChuckElias
Re: Who dat?

Quote:
Originally posted by JRutledge
You the hell is Eli Roe?
"You the hell"? Where are you talking about, Rut?!?! LOL

Eli Roe posts on this board as "eroe39". Or at least, used to. I don't think I've seen him here in a while.

Chuck

[Edited by ChuckElias on May 21st, 2002 at 09:25 AM]
Old Thu May 23, 2002, 05:49pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally posted by rainmaker
There was one call which the fans went ballistic over (a crashing block, with a travel before it), which the replay on the overhead screen didn't show clearly. It was made by a partner of eroe. From my very experienced point of view, the partner was in good position, and it was probably a good call. If it was a bad call, it was the only one.
I wish that were right, rainmaker, but there was a lot more than one bad call in the game, just like any other game. The call you are referring to was a bad call as it should of been a block on the defender. Roy felt bad about it, as it was an obvious miss.

Quote:
Eli, the best thing you did was to be certain Portland won. I really couldn't even tell how you did it! It was an absolute gas to watch it, and I HOPE YOU WILL LET ME KNOW, if you're to be in Portland again. I don't even need free tickets, since I have season tickets.

[Edited by rainmaker on May 20th, 2002 at 08:41 AM]
I will definitely let you know next time I come to Portland. Just don't yell at me too much if I call a foul on Stiles.
Old Fri May 24, 2002, 11:55am
Esteemed Participant

Please do let us all know when you are coming to Portland...there are several of us in the area who would like to come and watch...
Old Fri May 24, 2002, 01:00pm
certified Hot Mom tester

Exclamation

Quote:
Originally posted by eroe39
I will definitely let you know next time I come to Portland. Just don't yell at me too much if I call a foul on Stiles.
I'm sorry, but calling fouls on Jackie Stiles is against Oregon state law.

The punishment for a referee for violating this law is to spend 3 hours in a locked closet with Rasheed Wallace.
Old Fri May 24, 2002, 11:29pm
Official Forum Member

Send a message via AIM to rainmaker
Quote:
Originally posted by eroe39
Just don't yell at me too much if I call a foul on Stiles.
I was yelling at you the whole game, and you obviously didn't hear me. So I don't see much point in yelling next time.