The Official Forum  

Go Back   The Official Forum > Basketball
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old Sun May 05, 2002, 02:19pm
In Memoriam

While doing some Sunday afternoon surfing on the trusty ol' satellite dish(every channel known to man),I just ran across the Euro League championship game.Got a team from Italy playing a team from Greece-live.I think it was the Bologna Boilermakers vs. the Athens Aggies,or something like that.The first thing I noticed was the 3 officials.They wear ORANGE shirts,with black side-panels trimmed in white.They also have black numbers on white patches on their backs.They really make our stripes look dull by comparison.No.Mark,they aren't wearing Roman numerals!Anyway,the officials sure stand out on the court.The play,from what I've seen so far,is very physical.The coaches,players and fans are really into it--very,very emotional.Kinda different and kinda fun to watch!Btw,the officials seem to be doing a good job.
Anybody else catch this?Fox Sports has it on one of their regional telecasts on CH.613 on Direct.
Old Sun May 05, 2002, 08:49pm
Official Forum Member

I certainly hope the winner didn't refer to themselves as World Champions!! We wouldn't want to offend the rest of the world.
Old Mon May 06, 2002, 11:19am
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally posted by Jurassic Referee
No.Mark,they aren't wearing Roman umerals!
JR,

Did you clarify that because when you guys started, roman numberals was the only system around?

Larks - Im back...and my jokes are better than ever!
Old Mon May 06, 2002, 11:40am
certified Hot Mom tester

Quote:
Originally posted by Larks

Zero times two is still zero.

BTW - when JR and I started officiating, it was way before Roman numerals. In fact, the first game I ever officiated was in Og's cave. We kept score by drawing mastodons on the walls. The teams were brown vs. white, and were differenciated by wearing either bear skins or polar bear skins.

I called a T on one guy for gnawing on another guys leg. The actual call was "Tysoning".

Also BTW - we didn't have a ball so we used a small goat's head. It didn't bounce very well, but it had seams from the spear wounds.

Also, also BTW - the coaches were real howler monkeys.

I'll try to find my meds now.
Old Mon May 06, 2002, 01:32pm
In Memoriam

Quote:
Originally posted by Mark Padgett
I called a T on one guy for gnawing on another guys leg. The actual call was "Tysoning".

[/B]
If the sundial wasn't stopped at the time,you blew the call,Mark.It would have to have been a personal gnaw,an intentional personal gnaw,or a flagrant personal gnaw.Btw,I hope that you used the proper "gnawing" signal!!

GNAWUCK,GNAWUCK,GNAWUCK!!!

Time for another nappy!
Old Mon May 06, 2002, 01:36pm
In Memoriam

Quote:
/B]
JR,

Did you clarify that because when you guys started, roman numberals was the only system around?

Larks - Im back...and my jokes are better than ever! [/B][/QUOTE]Larksy,whereinhell have you been?I missed you,boy!From now on,check in at the front desk before you leave the premises!!
Old Mon May 06, 2002, 01:48pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally posted by Jurassic Referee
Quote:
/B]
JR,

Larksy,whereinhell have you been?I missed you,boy!From now on,check in at the front desk before you leave the premises!! [/B][/QUOTE]

Hey, I missed that part when they checked me in! So many rules here! Get it....rules....officials forum....rules....oh forget it.....Anyway, I got hungry so I wandered back!

I'm good. Hey, pop me an e-mail I lost your address!

Larks