The Official Forum

The Official Forum (https://forum.officiating.com/)
-   Basketball (https://forum.officiating.com/basketball/)
-   -   Warning!! It's Baaaaaack!! Off-topic Baseball Thread '08 !! (https://forum.officiating.com/basketball/43023-warning-its-baaaaaack-off-topic-baseball-thread-08-a.html)

M&M Guy Fri Aug 01, 2008 02:24pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jurassic Referee
"Occuping"? Too much of that will make you go blind.

Shut up.

Who annointed you Mr. Annoying Spelling Guy this week?

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jurassic Referee
If you meant "occupying a space out in a field", that pretty much sums up your whole existence, doesn't it? Hell, they could put that on your tombstone:

http://1000smilies.com/tombstone.gif

Here lies M&M Guy
He occupied a space out in a field.

I've always been told I'm outstanding in my field.

(Or am I out standing in my field?)

Mark Padgett Fri Aug 01, 2008 02:47pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by M&M Guy
Shut up. Who annointed you Mr. Annoying Spelling Guy this week?

Eye didd.

Adam Fri Aug 01, 2008 02:48pm

Quote:

Shut up.

Who annointed you Mr. Annoying Spelling Guy this week?

I've heard rumors that the original Mr. ASG is in some sort of supernatural contact with JR. You might not want to tempt fate like this.

M&M Guy Fri Aug 01, 2008 03:05pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by Snaqwells
Mr. ASG is in some sort of supernatural contact with JR.

I'm assuming one of them will go blind.

Adam Fri Aug 01, 2008 03:15pm

Quote:

I'm assuming one of them will go blind.

And then get stuck in Hackensack.

M&M Guy Fri Aug 01, 2008 03:17pm

Ewww.

Adam Fri Aug 01, 2008 03:19pm

Quote:

Ewww.

You've pretty much summed up all the posts from (and including) Manny on.

M&M Guy Fri Aug 01, 2008 03:22pm

<font size=font size> :D</font size>

ChuckElias Sat Aug 02, 2008 08:11pm

Sox won last night in 12, with the new guy tripling and scoring the winning run. They're up big tonight, so they're doing ok without Manny for now.

I'm sorry that it came to that point. Manny clearly didn't want his option picked up and it seems like he acted up to get out of Boston. That's pretty sad to me. He hasn't been as great a hitter as he was before last season, but he's still very good.

There was a report in the Providence, RI paper that said the Sox veterans met with Theo and said that they didn't think they could count on Manny and that he had to go. That's pretty amazing to me, if it's true.

On a totally unrelated note, on this day in 1979, Thurman Munson died. I'm not a Yankee fan, but even I remember exactly where I was when I heard that. I was only 13, but I knew how big a deal it was.

Mark T. DeNucci, Sr. Sat Aug 02, 2008 09:17pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by ChuckElias
Sox won last night in 12, with the new guy tripling and scoring the winning run. They're up big tonight, so they're doing ok without Manny for now.

I'm sorry that it came to that point. Manny clearly didn't want his option picked up and it seems like he acted up to get out of Boston. That's pretty sad to me. He hasn't been as great a hitter as he was before last season, but he's still very good.

There was a report in the Providence, RI paper that said the Sox veterans met with Theo and said that they didn't think they could count on Manny and that he had to go. That's pretty amazing to me, if it's true.

On a totally unrelated note, on this day in 1979, Thurman Munson died. I'm not a Yankee fan, but even I remember exactly where I was when I heard that. I was only 13, but I knew how big a deal it was.

Chuck:

You mean you are 42 years old. :eek: I thought you were only 32 years old. :p

MTD, Sr.

Nevadaref Mon Aug 04, 2008 04:51pm

Yankee prospects may have been forced to kick back bonus money

http://sports.espn.go.com/mlb/news/story?id=3519111

ChuckElias Mon Aug 04, 2008 07:51pm

Sox up early in KC, although Buckholz just gave up a solo shot. I am starting to have nightmares about the mid-August swoon in '06 that started by being swept in KC, then swept again in St. Pete, and culminated in the most recent version of the Boston Massacre -- the Yankees' sweep of a 5-game series in Boston. Hopefully, the Sox offense continues to show signs of life and eliminates the possibility of a repeat performance. (Although Bay just struck out looking for the second time. :( )

Sorry, Mick, but I'm rooting for Cleveland for the next few nights.

mick Mon Aug 04, 2008 09:13pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by ChuckElias
Sorry, Mick, but I'm rooting for Cleveland for the next few nights.

No praw, Chuck.
Indians are in a great spoiler role right now, and they could win 8 of next 10.
Twins are pretty amazing. Real fine team.
Leyland went off on the Tigers 2 days ago, so they may wake up in Chicago, but the White Sox can always find a way to win; and they win 7 of 10 in one of the parks in Chicago. :)

ChuckElias Tue Aug 05, 2008 11:55am

Uh-oh. Sox can't get any traction, Lowell is still hurting, and now this. From ESPN.com:

Quote:

Boston Red Sox designated hitter David Ortiz said he felt a "click" in his troublesome left wrist in an at-bat in Monday night's loss at Kansas City, the Boston Herald reported.

In the ninth inning, with two men on base and the Royals leading 4-2, Ortiz grounded out against Kansas City closer Joakim Soria. He said afterward that he felt a click in his left wrist early in the at-bat, the Herald reported.

Jurassic Referee Tue Aug 05, 2008 01:20pm

Gee, Chuck, what a shame. You got a couple of players hurting but still playing. What a catastrophe!

Let's see......

The Yankees lost 3 out their 5 projected 2008 starters to injury for most of this year-Wang, Phil Hughes and Ian Kennedy. Of course, they also haven't had their $10 million man, Carl Pavano, for the last 2 years either. And now it looks like they're gonna lose Joba Chamberlain too. They've also lost an all-star catcher for the rest of the year in Posada. They haven't had Matsui hardly at all either- another all-star in left field- and he's probably gone for the year too. A-Rod and Johnny Damon spent time on the DL too. Oh, and Mariano Rivera is currently unavailable because of a bad back.

And you're whining about a couple guys who have a little boo-boo but are still playing?

Lah me.....you BoSox fans.....:rolleyes: