The Official Forum  

Go Back   The Official Forum > Basketball
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old Sat Mar 22, 2008, 09:16pm
Official Forum Member

HS Basketball. Gotta love it.

Anyone see the last min. of the Indiana High school AAAA state championship? What an ending. If I knew how I would try to post the video. It was great!!!
Old Sun Mar 23, 2008, 07:47am
Official Forum Member

Here is one link to the finish...the video was kinda choppy on my PC but man....WHAT A FINISH!

The team that lost is one of the most storied HS programs in Indiana...they have won more State Titles than any other school and it looked as if they were going to add another one to the list...

http://www.theindychannel.com/video/15679755/index.html

There is better video at http://www.wthr.com/

On the right, there is a box = EYEWITNESS NEWS VIDEO...there are some smaller thumbnails below the video box...Look for the one that says BROWNSBURG WINS STATE TITLE.

Last edited by Coltdoggs; Sun Mar 23, 2008 at 07:55am.
Old Sun Mar 23, 2008, 09:30am
Official Forum Member

Coltdoggs- Marion does not have the most state titles in IHSAA history. Muncie Central is the all time leader with 8. Marion would have tied them with a win over Brownsburg, but are currently still sitting on 7.

I was there- great finish!
Old Sun Mar 23, 2008, 10:38am
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coltdoggs
Here is one link to the finish...the video was kinda choppy on my PC but man....WHAT A FINISH!

The team that lost is one of the most storied HS programs in Indiana...they have won more State Titles than any other school and it looked as if they were going to add another one to the list...

http://www.theindychannel.com/video/15679755/index.html

There is better video at http://www.wthr.com/

On the right, there is a box = EYEWITNESS NEWS VIDEO...there are some smaller thumbnails below the video box...Look for the one that says BROWNSBURG WINS STATE TITLE.
Looks like your state knows how to run a tournament. In Illinois, it's now broken down to 4 classes and of course games are played in half empty venues in Peoria and Bloomington for boys and girls. Sad. The kids deserve better.

If anyone from the IHSA becomes involved over in Indiana, your state finals will be in French Lick.
Old Sun Mar 23, 2008, 03:40pm
Official Forum Member

Send a message via AIM to TRef21
Nice I see in Indiana they get to use PTS.
Old Sun Mar 23, 2008, 04:34pm
M.A.S.H.

Illinois used to use PTS when it first came out. There was an issue where they claimed PTS caused an error. Therefore, they discontinued from further using it in Bloomington and Peoria.
Old Sun Mar 23, 2008, 04:37pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by tjones1
Illinois used to use PTS when it first came out. There was an issue where they claimed PTS caused an error. Therefore, they discontinued from further using it in Bloomington and Peoria.
So what will they do if a game clock, a timer, or an official has an error? Get rid of them too? What a stupid overreaction.

"You should never be proud of doing the right thing." - Dean Smith
Old Sun Mar 23, 2008, 05:10pm
M.A.S.H.

Kind of what I thought. I'm not sure how they figured out the PTS caused the error, but I do know it was in the early stages of when it came out. So I guess it's possible it could have been a small glich in the early models. Who knows... I do remember speaking to Mike Costabile about it last year and that's what he said. On the other hand, I guess it could of just been an excuse to drop using the system.
Old Sun Mar 23, 2008, 05:15pm
Do not give a damn!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by fullor30
Looks like your state knows how to run a tournament. In Illinois, it's now broken down to 4 classes and of course games are played in half empty venues in Peoria and Bloomington for boys and girls. Sad. The kids deserve better.

If anyone from the IHSA becomes involved over in Indiana, your state finals will be in French Lick.
Come on Fullor that is a little bit of overreaction if you ask me. The gym was about the same fullness of the previous year when Simeon played O'Fallon in the Class AA Championship last year. It has not been jam packed as some would like to make it sound. It is always been based on teams and match ups. You get the right teams you get certain kind of crowd.

And Indiana has the same number of classes that Illinois now does. So I am not sure how it is any more broken. Unless of course you are an Illini fan that thinks Assembly Hall is something special about the Champaign location which no one but Illini fans care about. People that like paying cheaper hotel fees and can walk to many restaurants actually like Peoria and the experience over all.

Peace
Old Sun Mar 23, 2008, 05:19pm
M.A.S.H.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JRutledge
People that like paying cheaper hotel fees and can walk to many restaurants actually like Peoria and the experience over all.

I agree.
Old Sun Mar 23, 2008, 05:25pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by JRutledge
Come on Fullor that is a little bit of overreaction if you ask me. The gym was about the same fullness of the previous year when Simeon played O'Fallon in the Class AA Championship last year. It has not been jam packed as some would like to make it sound. It is always been based on teams and match ups. You get the right teams you get certain kind of crowd.

And Indiana has the same number of classes that Illinois now does. So I am not sure how it is any more broken. Unless of course you are an Illini fan that thinks Assembly Hall is something special about the Champaign location which no one but Illini fans care about. People that like paying cheaper hotel fees and can walk to many restaurants actually like Peoria and the experience over all.

Peace
I was covering too many topics. The 3A, 4A finals should be in the Chicago area. Regarding cheaper hotels, they wouldn't need any.
Old Sun Mar 23, 2008, 05:26pm
Do not give a damn!!

Zion Benton beats Evanston in Class 4A Semi-Final

What this shot. This is the best video I could get.

Look at the Sakomoto and Temkin Video at around 5:10 on the clock. This is a better view of the same play

Peace

Last edited by JRutledge; Sun Mar 23, 2008 at 06:29pm.
Old Sun Mar 23, 2008, 07:30pm
Official Forum Member

I stand corrected on Marion...thanks...

As for our tourney...Class bball ruined what used to be a GREAT thing. 1 Tournament all playing to make it to Indy...There was a good turnout for this years 4A game that we have been talkign about....Brownsburg is a tight knit community and I would be that damn near everybody from there was at Conseco Fieldhouse...

Last year when I attended and East Chicago Central(Etwain Moore of Purdue) played Indpls. North Central (Eric Gordon of IU)....ECC travelled really well and had a TON of fans...it wasn't quite a sell out but I think there were about 12K there...Not sure on this year's 4A

It's been mentioned and posted before but back in 1990, my SR year of HS...there were 40K+ at the RCA Dome/Hoosier Dome to witness Damon Bailey's team play in the Final against Concord HS (where Shawn Kemp went but before Damon Bailey's time)....here it is again since we are talking about IHSAA hoops...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oNjF1XIebdA
Old Sun Mar 23, 2008, 09:25pm
Official Forum Member

Send a message via AIM to TRef21
I like the way the official ran and scored the basket. He did a dead sprint from the slot or trail across the floor to table side, and emphatically counted the basket. It was like look at me camera!! The basket is good!! That was toally awesome and would be something I would probably do as well. Sell the crap out of it.

Mr. official who scored the basket in the championship game, way to sell it!!!

Tommy
Old Mon Mar 24, 2008, 02:05am
Official Forum Member

Huh??

Quote:
Originally Posted by tjones1
OK, I know that I haven't lived in the state since 1984. When did they switch the state finals out of the Assembly Hall in Cham-Bana?