The Official Forum  

Go Back   The Official Forum > Basketball
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old Sat Mar 15, 2008, 03:04pm
certified Hot Mom tester

Exclamation Weirdest last 10 seconds

Final local kids rec games of the season this morning. Last game, 6th grade boys. 10 seconds to go and team A is up by 1. B1 drives the lane and scores. Partner waves it off and calls a carry. B1 grabs ball and slams it down. Partner calls a T. Coach B jumps up, throws his arms in the air and yells "WHAT KIND OF A CALL IS THAT?" Partner Ts the coach. A1 makes all 4 FTs. A1 inbounds to A2 who is grabbed by B2. Partner calls intentional. Coach B throws down clipboard and I T him up. He is gone. A2 makes both on the intentional then A1 makes both on the T. A1 inbounds again to A2 who again is grabbed by B2. This time I call the intentional. A2 makes both FTs. A1 inbounds to A2 who just dribbles out the clock. Team A wins by 11.

What a way to end the season! Now I'm home and gearing up for the season ending pizza party tonight. All the pizza I can eat for free. Such a deal.

BTW - when Coach A was ejected, my partner went over near the door to make sure he left the building. That's the law here in Oregon. We didn't want the guy to "Molalla" one of us.
Old Sat Mar 15, 2008, 03:33pm
Official Forum Member

Who's Molalla?
Old Sat Mar 15, 2008, 05:35pm
Official Forum Member

Took a little seaching but here you go:

http://www.kgw.com/news-local/storie...ed.ecfb7f.html
Old Sat Mar 15, 2008, 07:29pm
Aleve Titles to Others

Send a message via AIM to 26 Year Gap
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark Padgett
Final local kids rec games of the season this morning. Last game, 6th grade boys. 10 seconds to go and team A is up by 1. B1 drives the lane and scores. Partner waves it off and calls a carry. B1 grabs ball and slams it down. Partner calls a T. Coach B jumps up, throws his arms in the air and yells "WHAT KIND OF A CALL IS THAT?" Partner Ts the coach. A1 makes all 4 FTs. A1 inbounds to A2 who is grabbed by B2. Partner calls intentional. Coach B throws down clipboard and I T him up. He is gone. A2 makes both on the intentional then A1 makes both on the T. A1 inbounds again to A2 who again is grabbed by B2. This time I call the intentional. A2 makes both FTs. A1 inbounds to A2 who just dribbles out the clock. Team A wins by 11.

What a way to end the season! Now I'm home and gearing up for the season ending pizza party tonight. All the pizza I can eat for free. Such a deal.

BTW - when Coach A was ejected, my partner went over near the door to make sure he left the building. That's the law here in Oregon. We didn't want the guy to "Molalla" one of us.
That IS weird. Coach B gets the Ts and Coach A has to leave.
Old Sat Mar 15, 2008, 07:48pm
certified Hot Mom tester

Quote:
Originally Posted by 26 Year Gap
That IS weird. Coach B gets the Ts and Coach A has to leave.
Hey - I'm an equal opportunity ejector.