The Official Forum  

Go Back   The Official Forum > Basketball
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old Mon Feb 25, 2002, 10:20am
Official Forum Member

Send a message via AIM to chayce
After a made basket by Team B, A1 takes the ball OOB and passes to A2 who is also OOB. A2 then runs along the baseline. I thought this was a violation but I can not find it in the NFHS rule book. Two questions: Is it a violation? and which NFHS rule applies?

Old Mon Feb 25, 2002, 10:26am
Official Forum Member

No, it is not a violation. It's perfectly legal.
Old Mon Feb 25, 2002, 11:52am
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally posted by chayce
[B]After a made basket by Team B, A1 takes the ball OOB and passes to A2 who is also OOB. A2 then runs along the baseline. I thought this was a violation but I can not find it in the NFHS rule book. Two questions: Is it a violation? and which NFHS rule applies?
Legal; most pertinent rule is 7-5-7.
Old Mon Feb 25, 2002, 09:05pm
Official Forum Member

Send a message via AIM to RX Ref
Also....

watch for the defender to violate the plane after the 1st pass oob....
Old Tue Feb 26, 2002, 09:56am
Official Forum Member

Had a play early this year that you might want to watch for in the future on this play--
After a made basket by team A, team A calls time out. As I was reporting the time out team A coach asks me if they can run the baseline. Of course I say yes. I assume that they are going to set up some kind of play. On the ensuing throw-in my partner signals to the player that they can run the baseline. Player B1 tries to pass to B2 behind the endline and B3 breaks deep for a long pass. The trouble is player A1 jumps out of bounds to try to intercept the pass! My partner blows his whistle but isn't sure what to call. I was the trail and we meet near the table. During the discussion, team B coach insists on a T. Team A coach thinks it should be a warning. The best comment came from asst. coach on team A. Sitting down like a good little asst. coach; out of the blue he says "since you can't decide I guess we have a jump ball". I burst out laughing as it just struck me as funny. Needless to say, we went with the T for reaching through the endline and touching the ball. Just something to keep in mind next time this happens to you. It sure caught us off guard!

Keep 'em "straight up"
Old Tue Feb 26, 2002, 12:44pm
Official Forum Member

BigJoe,

I think you got it correct. The only thing you might think about is not meeting near the table until you and your partner has decided on the call.
Old Tue Feb 26, 2002, 03:55pm
Official Forum Member

Send a message via AIM to Lotto
T or warning...it depends

If the A player touches the ball, it's a T.

If not, delay of game warning (unless one has been given earlier, in which case it's a T).