The Official Forum  

Go Back   The Official Forum > Basketball
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old Thu Feb 14, 2008, 10:55am
Official Forum Member

Send a message via Yahoo to bgleason@neonin
Playing with a "Soft Cast"

I was the bad guy and did not let a player into a game witha soft cast that my brother officials allowed for the past 5 games. It was thick and soft but had some definate form to it around the wrist. It had one layer of some type of fiber like materiel that looks like the stuff they make casts from now.

Can someone provide me the text from the rule book? I dont have a copy here at my desk. High School rules; Rule 3, Section 5 article 2 I think.

Thanks!
Old Thu Feb 14, 2008, 11:00am
Official Forum Member

[quote=bgleason@neonin]I was the bad guy and did not let a player into a game witha soft cast that my brother officials allowed for the past 5 games. It was thick and soft but had some definate form to it around the wrist. It had one layer of some type of fiber like materiel that looks like the stuff they make casts from now.

Can someone provide me the text from the rule book? I dont have a copy here at my desk. High School rules; Rule 3, Section 5 article 2 I think.

Right on the money!!!

A guard, cast or brace made of hard and unyielding leather, plaster, pliable (soft) plastic, metal or any other hard substance may not be worn on the elbow, hand, finger, wrist or forarm; even though covered with soft padding.
Old Thu Feb 14, 2008, 11:07am
Official Forum Member

Send a message via Yahoo to bgleason@neonin
Thanks for the back up!
Old Thu Feb 14, 2008, 09:58pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by bgleason@neonin
I was the bad guy and did not let a player into a game witha soft cast that my brother officials allowed for the past 5 games. It was thick and soft but had some definate form to it around the wrist. It had one layer of some type of fiber like materiel that looks like the stuff they make casts from now.
Allow me to play the cynic for a moment. According to whom was this "allowed" during the past five games? The player's coach or other refs?