The Official Forum  

Go Back   The Official Forum > Basketball
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old Fri Jan 25, 2008, 11:55am
Get away from me, Steve.

Ever think you could beat a team 2-on-5?

Last night, we did.

One team was just terrible (with no player taller than 5'8") and the other didn't have a person who could dribble with her head up. It was 28-8 at the half.

But I still had a good time. I worked hard as I hadn't worked 2-person for a while and just tried to have good angles the whole game, coming ballside when I could, etc. And I just tried to have fun with what I was given. The game might have been crap, but I certainly wasn't. And the losing team hit the respectable 30 point barrier before the end of the game. However, at 0-12, it's unlikely that this team will finish anything but 0-21.

The losing team's coach is pregnant (I think - no I didn't ask her) and not coaching due to doctor's orders. She's on bed rest and one of her assistants coached for her. She didn't say a single word, except to ask for time outs. The other coach was only a knob once -- when a pass hit the thigh of a defender and he wanted a kicked ball violation, which would've been the right call had the defender actually moved her leg into the ball.

Oh, forgot about the time with about 15 seconds left where a home player whacked her head on the floor and my partner killed the play even though the winning team had the ball going the other way. I agreed with my partner -- the visiting team had an insurmountable lead and the girl hit hard, so why not stop play? I would've done the exact same thing.

Anyhow, more of the same tonight. Twice the drive and the hoops will likely be twice as bad.

And a big shout out to board poster imaref, who sat at center court watching us last night.
Old Fri Jan 25, 2008, 12:05pm
9/11 - Never Forget

Send a message via Yahoo to grunewar
Quote:
Originally Posted by RichMSN
Twice the drive and the hoops will likely be twice as bad.
I have one of these tonight too....and I know the coaches are going to be twice as loud and the "fans" more unruly than last night too......joy.
Old Fri Jan 25, 2008, 12:28pm
Official Forum Member

Want to clarify that kick rule....I thought it was below the knee only?
Old Fri Jan 25, 2008, 12:36pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coltdoggs
I believe that was the case a while back, but now it is "any part of the leg or foot".

(Used with permission.)
Old Fri Jan 25, 2008, 01:21pm
In Memoriam

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coltdoggs
Not since the 2003-04 season.

It was changed in 2004.