The Official Forum  

Go Back   The Official Forum > Basketball
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old Fri Jan 04, 2008, 02:40pm
Official Forum Member

Opps! 5 fouls on player who is shooting free throws

My partner last night told me about a situation that happened to her. Player from team B fouls a player from team A. It is the players 5th foul but the player that fouled is allowed to remain in the game. Team A is not in the bonus yet so they inbound the ball, take a shot attempt which is rebounded by team B. Team B goes down court to their end and the player who has 5 fouls is fouled in the act oof shooting. After the player shoots and makes the first of 2 free throws the table informs the officials that that player should not be in the game. What would you do?
Old Fri Jan 04, 2008, 02:42pm
M.A.S.H.

Get a replacement for him - the point counts. The replacement shoots the last free throw.

2-11 Note 2
Old Fri Jan 04, 2008, 02:51pm
Official Forum Member

I might casually point out, if the officials had known this was B1's fifth foul, they might've been able to verify with the table before putting the ball in play, thus avoiding this mess.

Just sayin'...

(Used with permission.)
Old Fri Jan 04, 2008, 02:55pm
Official Forum Member

Send a message via AIM to Dan_ref
Quote:
Originally Posted by M&M Guy
I might casually point out, if the officials had known this was B1's fifth foul, they might've been able to verify with the table before putting the ball in play, thus avoiding this mess.

Just sayin'...
Watch it, they'll revoke your invitation to that other sports forum. Trouble maker.
Old Fri Jan 04, 2008, 03:11pm
Fav theme: Roundball Rock

Quote:
Originally Posted by WAZebra
My partner last night told me about a situation that happened to her. Player from team B fouls a player from team A. It is the players 5th foul but the player that fouled is allowed to remain in the game.
This never happens! Just saying'....

Quote:
Originally Posted by WAZebra
Team A is not in the bonus yet so they inbound the ball, take a shot attempt which is rebounded by team B. Team B goes down court to their end and the player who has 5 fouls is fouled in the act oof shooting. After the player shoots and makes the first of 2 free throws the table informs the officials that that player should not be in the game. What would you do?
The point counts. The disqualified player is removed from the game and his substitute will shoot the second free throw.