The Official Forum  

Go Back   The Official Forum > Basketball
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old Mon Nov 26, 2007, 06:52pm
certified Hot Mom tester

Thumbs up Oh boy, oh boy - just got called to do a game tonight - first one of the season

The assignor for this huge kids rec league here in Portland (almost 3000 games this coming season including tournaments) just called me to work a 5th grade boys game tonight. OK, it's just 5th grade but it will give me a change to try out my new gym bag!

Besides, it pays $30 which is pretty good for 5th grade, it's at a middle school about 6 or 7 minutes from my house, my partner is a buddy and I get paid at the game, probably in cash.

The only thing is - this partner has a tendency to call games really close, so I expect we'll be there awhile.

If anything funny happens (and somehow, it usually does in my games - go figure) I'll post it.

BTW - when I said "first game of the season" that means I place no importance on the wreck games I've been doing the past few weeks.

Last edited by Mark Padgett; Mon Nov 26, 2007 at 08:31pm.
Old Mon Nov 26, 2007, 09:01pm
Aleve Titles to Others

Send a message via AIM to 26 Year Gap
Is this the model?
Old Tue Nov 27, 2007, 12:38am
certified Hot Mom tester

Nope - this is it.

Old Tue Nov 27, 2007, 10:55am
Aleve Titles to Others

Send a message via AIM to 26 Year Gap
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark Padgett
Nope - this is it.

Well, that explains the fishnets.
Old Tue Nov 27, 2007, 11:44am
Keeper of the HAMMER

He stole them?
Old Tue Nov 27, 2007, 12:28pm
certified Hot Mom tester

Exclamation

Here's how the game went. First, the home team was wearing green uniforms and the visitors were wearing white. Oh well, it's fifth grade. We had to have a total of seven players remove T-shirts because of color problems. As far as I could tell, no nipple rings, and yes - I asked.

In the first half, we called eleven 5 second closely guarded violations. Both teams were in double bonus both halves. In the 3rd quarter, the home coach yelled "You gotta call SOMETHING!!" when there was a scramble for a loose ball under the basket involving 4 or 5 kids. When he yelled it two more times, I waited for my partner to blow his whistle (he was lead), I turned to the coach and said, "OK coach. I will." I faced the table and said loudly, "I have a no-call on the green team and a two no-calls on the white team. How's that, coach?"

He just sat down.

Here's the kicker. With about three minutes to go, the score was tied. My partner called a foul on a visiting player and then as he started to walk toward the table, he calls a T on the kid who got fouled and said to the table that it was flagrant for profanity (sound like another recent thread?) and the kid was ejected. There was then a TO for the visitors. During the TO, I asked my partner what the kid said. He got this funny look on his face and told me the kid who got fouled was mad and called the other kid a "mommy f*****"". I said, "you mean 'mutha f*****'"? He said no - the kid said "mommy" plain as day. We both agreed that neither one of us had ever heard it expressed that way before. Fortunately, the coach didn't ask.

The home team pulled away in the last few minutes to win by nine. It was a good thing for my partner that they did, because earlier I told him that the game was way too close and if it went into overtime it would be his fault and he would be very sorry.
Old Tue Nov 27, 2007, 12:50pm
We don't rent pigs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark Padgett

........ the kid who got fouled was mad and called the other kid a "mommy f*****"". I said, "you mean 'mutha f*****'"? He said no - the kid said "mommy" plain as day. We both agreed that neither one of us had ever heard it expressed that way before. Fortunately, the coach didn't ask.

A T for the phrase itself, but an A for originality.

Lonesome Dove