The Official Forum  

Go Back   The Official Forum > Basketball
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old Tue Nov 13, 2007, 09:20am
Official Forum Member

throw in spot

After a made basket by B, A1 runs the endline and passes towards A2 who does not touch the ball (nobody touches it) and it goes out of bounds on the sideline. I am C and have the out of bounds call, but now where is the subsequent spot throw-in for B? As I gave the ball back to old T/new L to inbound from the endline for B, something was telling me that since the inbound by A was not a spot throw-in (following made basket),that it didn't matter that the ball was not touched,something was telling me that the new throw-in spot for B was the sideline where the ball went out....anyway we gave it to B on th endline for a spot throw-in and moved along..did we get it right?
Old Tue Nov 13, 2007, 09:30am
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by kbilla
After a made basket by B, A1 runs the endline and passes towards A2 who does not touch the ball (nobody touches it) and it goes out of bounds on the sideline. I am C and have the out of bounds call, but now where is the subsequent spot throw-in for B? As I gave the ball back to old T/new L to inbound from the endline for B, something was telling me that since the inbound by A was not a spot throw-in (following made basket),that it didn't matter that the ball was not touched,something was telling me that the new throw-in spot for B was the sideline where the ball went out....anyway we gave it to B on th endline for a spot throw-in and moved along..did we get it right?
It's a throw-in violation -- that is, it's A1's responsibility to throw the ball so it's touched. The next throw-in is at the spot of the violation -- the bad throw.
Old Tue Nov 13, 2007, 09:37am
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by bob jenkins
It's a throw-in violation -- that is, it's A1's responsibility to throw the ball so it's touched. The next throw-in is at the spot of the violation -- the bad throw.
That is what we did, but you know when you just get "that feeling"....I must have been inventing something in my head that wasn't correct, glad I didn't go with the spidey sense! Thanks!
Old Tue Nov 13, 2007, 05:30pm
Official Forum Member

You should always officiate according to the rules. If JR hears that you are working by "spidey sense", he might just hunt you down and kick you where you get a tingling feeling.
Old Tue Nov 13, 2007, 05:33pm
Keeper of the HAMMER

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nevadaref
You should always officiate according to the rules. If JR hears that you are working by "spidey sense", he might just hunt you down and kick you where you get a tingling feeling.
Are you sure he wouldn't just jump off a building?