The Official Forum  

Go Back   The Official Forum > Basketball
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old Tue Nov 06, 2007, 04:24pm
Official Forum Member

Nothing better to do

I have been reading threads on this website daily for years now and have gotten much entertainment out of it. Today I decided it was time to post a thread to discuss why it is that some of you must prove others wrong at all costs. Let's not jump to conclusions just yet. I know this site is about sharing "correct" information, but at the same time it's about share and discussing opinions. Sometimes however when someone posts a question or a response another poster will react as if he/she is wrong and they must be ridiculed for it. I, like all of you, agree that there is no place for someone to just post bad or misguided information.......I think we all know who did that on a daily basis........but then there are the cases, such as the post from Kansas talking about head coaches. Instead of believing or questioning this post, some just said that can't be right this guy/girl is an idiot. Why? If you were from there or knew someone from there perhaps you would have thought differently. All I am saying is that different isn't always wrong. Example........I'm from MN, for highschool we run halves, we are choosing to have the away team wear white, even thought the home home team is "required" to by NFHS. And we are also choosing to give one single technical foul for teams who wear the wrong jersey, rather than a technical foul for every player entering the game. Now if you weren't from here and I posted that you might say I don't know what I"m talking about. Then I might be able to change you mind by showing you some literature that proves my point. Even then you might still think I'm an idiot.........All I'm saying is that we shouldn't jump to conclusions just because what is being said is different from what we are use to or think we know to be true.