The Official Forum  

Go Back   The Official Forum > Basketball
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old Mon Dec 17, 2007, 03:12pm
M.A.S.H.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kbilla
this was just the first place that came up in my search..not available?

http://www.sossports.us/index.asp?Pa...rodID=491&HS=1
Look at the date of the post. At the time, they weren't. I believe most of them have them now to buy. I know Honig's has them.

Last edited by tjones1; Mon Dec 17, 2007 at 05:14pm.
Old Mon Dec 17, 2007, 03:22pm
Official Forum Member

I recently received one in the mail from Honigs and used it in a game on Friday night. Boy is it loud It took some getting used to but overall it went well. Neither of the coaches commented on the sound of it. I personally like it. I would not recommend using it in a facility where the fans are right on top of you unless they are "know it all" parents.
Old Mon Dec 17, 2007, 06:26pm
Official Forum Member

I have new Soniks available for NZ $9.00 am happy to do a deal on shipping as I want some stuff from Honigs??
Old Mon Dec 31, 2007, 06:30pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by kraz423
I recently received one in the mail from Honigs and used it in a game on Friday night. Boy is it loud It took some getting used to but overall it went well. Neither of the coaches commented on the sound of it. I personally like it. I would not recommend using it in a facility where the fans are right on top of you unless they are "know it all" parents.
Man....did you have a different experience!

Here's what I wrote in another thread relative to the SONIK and our 3-Crew's recent experience:

Fox "SONIK"...Not as Advertised!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

Just tried the "new" Fox Sonik whistle under game conditions. Don't waste your money.....stick with the FOX-40 Classic!

The advertising is all hype! VERY DISAPPOINTED

If anyone has figured out how this whistle "produces up to 125 decibels of sound power through its revolutionary design"....I'd like to know. FOX further says....."The multi-directional sound rises above ambient noise levels and is perfect for large arena officiating." My partner hit his SONIK on the first call of the game, and nobody heard it....action continued. Only indication to me that my partner had made a call was his visual mechanics. I was the 'C'....partner was 'T'. After partner blew his Sonik a couple times more...action finally stopped, coach behind me asked "what happened?" I told him there was a travel violation. Coach said...."was there a whistle?" I responded yes....however, it wasn't very loud.

I struggled as well....I had to use lots of air to make sure my SONIK produced enough sound....thank God I had my regular FOX-40 in my pocket and made the switch ASAP!

DON'T BUY SONIK.....unless you are an exceptional "windbag"!
Old Mon Dec 31, 2007, 06:41pm
certified Hot Mom tester

Quote:
Originally Posted by kraz423
unless they are "know it all" parents.
Are there any other kind?
Old Tue Jan 01, 2008, 05:50pm
Official Forum Member

Thumbs up

Got mine from Honigs last week. It is great. I used it at a local tournament here this week. I like it alot. The other part that I like about it, is that I don't leave the gym with my ears ringing like I do with the standard Fox 40. The shape of the whistle doesn't have feedback directed toward the official.

Thumbs up!
Old Tue Jan 01, 2008, 05:56pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by imaref
Man....did you have a different experience!

Here's what I wrote in another thread relative to the SONIK and our 3-Crew's recent experience:

Fox "SONIK"...Not as Advertised!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

Just tried the "new" Fox Sonik whistle under game conditions. Don't waste your money.....stick with the FOX-40 Classic!

The advertising is all hype! VERY DISAPPOINTED

If anyone has figured out how this whistle "produces up to 125 decibels of sound power through its revolutionary design"....I'd like to know. FOX further says....."The multi-directional sound rises above ambient noise levels and is perfect for large arena officiating." My partner hit his SONIK on the first call of the game, and nobody heard it....action continued. Only indication to me that my partner had made a call was his visual mechanics. I was the 'C'....partner was 'T'. After partner blew his Sonik a couple times more...action finally stopped, coach behind me asked "what happened?" I told him there was a travel violation. Coach said...."was there a whistle?" I responded yes....however, it wasn't very loud.

I struggled as well....I had to use lots of air to make sure my SONIK produced enough sound....thank God I had my regular FOX-40 in my pocket and made the switch ASAP!

DON'T BUY SONIK.....unless you are an exceptional "windbag"!
Maybe you guys didn't read the operating instructions carefully enough.
Old Wed Jan 02, 2008, 01:05am
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by icallfouls
Maybe you guys didn't read the operating instructions carefully enough.
Send me yours!
Old Wed Jan 02, 2008, 03:51pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by angryZebra
who's tried it? would I like it? anyone here sell them (new, not used) so I can support ya?
I've tried it; my partner said it sounded louder then a fox 40 but not as crisp.