The Official Forum  

Go Back   The Official Forum > Basketball
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old Sun Sep 30, 2007, 11:26am

Quote:
Originally Posted by bob jenkins
1) Okay -- STFU.

2) We've told you before the difference between "dead ball" and "clock running". Are you even trying to learn?

3) Please stop the name calling. I can't moderate others when you engage (and start) the poor behavior.
We are taking about refereeing, why all the hate, why all the criticism? It's because other forum members think they are above the law, above criticism. That they can not be wrong, or that others if wrong should be hated and account deleted because they interpret a ruling different or misunderstand a ruling. Goodness gracious, I can't be the first person in America that has interpret a ruling wrong or misapplied a ruling. It's not the end of the world if you kick a call. To often I hear hate coming from this professional official site. This forum is not setup for all officials, it is setup for certain officials. Not everyone is welcome.

I am sorry for #3, I have no idea what you're talking about on #2. I am disgraced for #1 because it shows your professionalism. I really wish the world was just one race so that we can all think alike and all get alone. Unfortunately, that is not the country we live in. I have told you before and i will tell you again. If you want to terminate my account, go right ahead. I'm not going to stop officiating because you don't like me, or accept me. Do what you feel is the right thing to do for your lilly white website here. I now know for sure that decent officials don't frequent this forum and now i know why. I will leave you with this, it's hard to try and tell someone to obey the rules when you don't obey them yourself.
Old Sun Sep 30, 2007, 11:29am
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Old School
I don't know what my birth date is got to do with this. I know that my rules knowledge is not as good as yours. However, the difference between me and you is that, if I was on top of my profession. I would not hate others for not being on top of there's. IOW's, I wouldn't feel threaten by someone like me who's trying to learn his way. I wouldn't engage in constant insults nor try to get others to feel the same way about me, iow's spread hate. Now I know why decent thinking referee's don't frequent this forum.

A wise man once said, true leaders understand you don't have to put people down to make a point. These type of leaders are respected thru-out history, the ladder are not.

Last, I have absolutely no respect for people who try to make others look bad at their expense. To me, you are truly the scum of the earth. Where does it end.....?
When you first started posting, most of us tried to help -- giving respectful, accurate answers. You, however, have shown no inclination or ability to learn, and continue to spout incorrect rules under the guidance of "opinion."

If you don't have any respect for us, you should leave. Seriously.
Old Sun Sep 30, 2007, 11:41am
Keeper of the HAMMER

Quote:
We are taking about refereeing, why all the hate, why all the criticism? It's because other forum members think they are above the law, above criticism. That they can not be wrong, or that others if wrong should be hated and account deleted because they interpret a ruling different or misunderstand a ruling. Goodness gracious, I can't be the first person in America that has interpret a ruling wrong or misapplied a ruling. It's not the end of the world if you kick a call. To often I hear hate coming from this professional official site. This forum is not setup for all officials, it is setup for certain officials. Not everyone is welcome.
You don't even know the definition of hate, so quit throwing it around like it's some sort of defense of your "opinions."

And again, no one is hounding you because you got a rule wrong. I'm sure you could go back and find quite a few times I've missed a rule or interpretation. If not, I could provide you some examples if I had the time.

The problem is, as Bob said, you've been shown the dead ball/live ball rule before. It's been explained that a personal foul cannot be called during a dead ball, including the short window from when the ball passes through the net and the ball is at the disposal of the non-scoring team. It has nothing to do with whether or not the clock is stopped, as you have plenty of live ball situations when the clock is stopped.

Quote:
I really wish the world was just one race so that we can all think alike and all get alone.
Assuming you meant "along" rather than "alone," (no, you can't blame the keyboard, the "e" key isn't close enough to the "g" key to try this), you can't possibly be serious. This may be the absolute most stupid thing you've ever posted.

Note, I'm not calling you stupid here. Just what you posted.
Old Sun Sep 30, 2007, 02:34pm
In Memoriam

Quote:
To me, you are truly the scum of the earth. Where does it end.....?
Exactly, where does it end?
Old Sun Sep 30, 2007, 02:38pm
In Memoriam

Quote:
I really wish the world was just one race so that we can all think alike and all get alone. Unfortunately, that is not the country we live in.

Do what you feel is the right thing to do for your lilly white website here. I now know for sure that decent officials don't frequent this forum and now i know why.
Do we really have to put up with being labeled racists because we disagree with his nonsense?
Old Sun Sep 30, 2007, 06:14pm
Official Forum Member

Send a message via AIM to Dan_ref
Quote:
I will leave you with this...

About time.

See ya.
Old Sun Sep 30, 2007, 06:33pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
I really wish the world was just one race so that we can all think alike and all get alone. Unfortunately, that is not the country we live in.
This is another thing. You keep bringing race into the discussion. Until you brought it up, no one knew who was what race. When this (race) has been brought up by other posters, they have had their account suspended / terminated. I supported that decision, and I'd support it happening again.
Old Mon Oct 01, 2007, 02:41pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
IOW's, I wouldn't feel threaten by someone like me who's trying to learn his way.
You learn by listening, not by talking. Ask questions, if you want to guess at an answer to someone else's question, say upfront "My guess is ...", then ask, "Am I right?" or the like.

When you are told you are wrong, don't argue, try to listen harder.

Order the rule books, case books, and videos from NFHS, officiate more games with good partners, and LISTEN!

A smart man knows his limitations. Only a fool ignores them.

Shhhh!
Old Mon Oct 01, 2007, 03:01pm
Keeper of the HAMMER

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimgolf
You learn by listening, not by talking. Ask questions, if you want to guess at an answer to someone else's question, say upfront "My guess is ...", then ask, "Am I right?" or the like.

When you are told you are wrong, don't argue, try to listen harder.

Order the rule books, case books, and videos from NFHS, officiate more games with good partners, and LISTEN!

A smart man knows his limitations. Only a fool ignores them.

Shhhh!
You are a wise man, Jim.
Old Mon Oct 01, 2007, 03:16pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snaqwells
You are a wise man, Jim.
Ah, that's who VI's been quoting all this time.

(Used with permission.)
Old Mon Oct 01, 2007, 03:18pm
Keeper of the HAMMER

Quote:
Originally Posted by M&M Guy
Ah, that's who VI's been quoting all this time.
Nope, but it should have been. I keep telling him he needs to fire his wise man, now we know whom he should hire.
Old Mon Oct 01, 2007, 03:20pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
I really wish the world was just one race so that we can all think alike and all get alone. Unfortunately, that is not the country we live in. I have told you before and i will tell you again. If you want to terminate my account, go right ahead. I'm not going to stop officiating because you don't like me, or accept me. Do what you feel is the right thing to do for your lilly white website here. I now know for sure that decent officials don't frequent this forum and now i know why. I will leave you with this, it's hard to try and tell someone to obey the rules when you don't obey them yourself.

How outrageous can you get! Until this post, I don't think I had even seen any indication of what race you were. I had never assumed you were a minority. It never crossed my mind.

The only thing I did know is that you have repeatedly made a fool of yourself with unwaivering insistence in erroneous interpretations and foolish ideas.

Your claim of racism requires that others know or think that you're not "lily white". I didn't and I'm sure many (perhaps all) others didn't....and for that matter, I still don't "know". Bogus arguments and accusations like yours make claims against real racism more difficult to address.

There are MANY officials that are not "lily white" who frequent this board and make positive and useful contributions. Aside from those that I personally know or 1 or 2 other people who have stated thier race, I don't even know what anyone's race is...and I don't care.

Sure racism exists...and it exists in officiating...but this is most certainly NOT one of those cases.
Old Mon Oct 01, 2007, 03:23pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snaqwells
Nope, but it should have been. I keep telling him he needs to fire his wise man, now we know whom he should hire.
Probably right.

You would think you wouldn't need a background check on wise men, but it appears even that profession needs scrutiny.

(Used with permission.)