The Official Forum  

Go Back   The Official Forum > Basketball

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old Thu Jan 17, 2002, 11:17pm
Official Forum Member

Lightbulb

At the men's game tonight, the mascots and cheerleaders tossed T-shirts into the stands quite a few times. I gave it some thought, and decided we should take up a collection and do the same thing with rulebooks.

First, any media covering the game would get a free copy. (Radio guy next to me got really confused when there was a PC on A, B's coach got a technical, A1 shot two shots, then B got the ball back.) Then, any time a fan yelled an idiotic comment, we would just throw a rulebook in his/her general direction, preferably hitting him in the head.

LOL! I think I'll be a good 50 years older than anyone here when that one happens
Old Thu Jan 17, 2002, 11:49pm
Official Forum Member

And the first 100 through the door get a free Fox40.
Old Thu Jan 17, 2002, 11:59pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally posted by daves
And the first 100 through the door get a free Fox40.
NO!!!!!

It's bad enough when they simply yell "TRAVEL!!" or "THREE FU(@)#@()*NG SECONDS!!!" Imagine if they blew a whistle every time they thought we messed up a call?
Old Fri Jan 18, 2002, 01:44am
Official Forum Member

And where did you get the crazy idea that idiotic fans and media know how to read?

Z
Old Fri Jan 18, 2002, 08:03am
Official Forum Member

zebraman,

The fans and media can read (most of them), but they have problems comprehending our very "complex" rules. the funny thing is, most can't even tell you the color of the rule book's cover, but they "know the rules better than you".
Old Fri Jan 18, 2002, 09:44am
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally posted by zebraman
And where did you get the crazy idea that idiotic fans and media know how to read?

Z
Very true; I hadn't thought of that problem.

Maybe we can buy the comic book style rules (Simplified & Illustrated) instead.
Old Fri Jan 18, 2002, 09:53am
Official Forum Member

Now Mark, You know we would NOT have enough books.
Old Fri Jan 18, 2002, 02:52pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally posted by Mark Dexter

At the men's game tonight, the mascots and cheerleaders tossed T-shirts into the stands quite a few times. I gave it some thought, and decided we should take up a collection and do the same thing with rulebooks.

First, any media covering the game would get a free copy. (Radio guy next to me got really confused when there was a PC on A, B's coach got a technical, A1 shot two shots, then B got the ball back.) Then, any time a fan yelled an idiotic comment, we would just throw a rulebook in his/her general direction, preferably hitting him in the head.

LOL! I think I'll be a good 50 years older than anyone here when that one happens
Maybe the Radio guy was going by NF rules...in that case he would have been right! (Surprise, Surprise)

Your sitch sounds like a False Double Foul...handle it in the order the fouls happened. Team A would have the ball at the division line opposite the table after the "Tech" free throws. (Again, NF Rules)

Dan

P.S. I realize you said Men's game...just clarifying for NF officials.