The Official Forum  

Go Back   The Official Forum > Basketball
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old Thu Jan 17, 2002, 12:37pm
Official Forum Member

Wink

Yesterday had a boys soph. game. Third period, foul is called on A1 and we are informed by the table it was A's 7th team foul and we are now in the bonus. B2 goes to the line and hits the first shot and then the table goes NUTTS trying to inform us that was only the 6th team foul. We took the points off and issued the ball back to team B at the spot of the foul. Please tell me we did this right. If we didn't maybe I don't want to know!?
Old Thu Jan 17, 2002, 12:44pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally posted by co2ice
Yesterday had a boys soph. game. Third period, foul is called on A1 and we are informed by the table it was A's 7th team foul and we are now in the bonus. B2 goes to the line and hits the first shot and then the table goes NUTTS trying to inform us that was only the 6th team foul. We took the points off and issued the ball back to team B at the spot of the foul. Please tell me we did this right. If we didn't maybe I don't want to know!?
Sarcastic answer:

You were wrong. The error couldn't be corrected. 2-10-2: "In order to correct any of the officials' errors listed in Article 1, such error must be recognized by an official during the first dead ball after the clock has properly started." Since you recognized the error before the clock started, it was too early to corect it.

Serious answer:

You were right. 2-10-4: "If the error is ... the awarding of an unmerited free throw, the free throw ... shall be cancelled." 2-10-6: "...play shall be resumed from the point at which it was interrupted to rectify the error."