The Official Forum  

Go Back   The Official Forum > Basketball
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old Tue Jan 08, 2002, 09:28pm
Official Forum Member

One from tonight. Game's a 50 point blowout with 20 seconds left in the 4th quarter. Losing team (A) has the ball in the frontcourt, A1 is slightly handchecked by B1, but there's no displacement or loss of ball. A's coach: "THAT'S A FOUL!!!"

The response (which I didn't say, because I was only the timer): "Not with 20 seconds to go, coach!"
Old Wed Jan 09, 2002, 12:29am
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally posted by Jurassic Referee
Quote:
Originally posted by Mark Padgett
Quote:
Originally posted by Hawks Coach
If you are going to put us down, please make sure you know the difference between here and hear! Some of us coaches learned to spell in elementary school.
I know they have "schools" at aquariums, but do they have schools at zoos?
Irregardless of your above statement,please let I reiterate that some zoos do contain aquariums.Me not sure if some aquariums also have zoos.
As long as we're slamming grammar and spelling, I have to add that irregardless is not a word. Sorry.
Old Wed Jan 09, 2002, 01:43am
Official Forum Member

"winter brake"

Is this what they put on a sled so no one will BREAK their neck?

Bob
Old Wed Jan 09, 2002, 01:47am
Official Forum Member

"As long as we're slamming grammar and spelling, I have to add that irregardless is not a word. Sorry."

if you read carefully, you'd have seen that Jurassic was making a "funny", and misspelling words, or using wrong ones.

Bob
Old Wed Jan 09, 2002, 01:54am
certified Hot Mom tester

Cool

Quote:
Originally posted by bluezebra
"As long as we're slamming grammar and spelling, I have to add that irregardless is not a word. Sorry."

if you read carefully, you'd have seen that Jurassic was making a "funny", and misspelling words, or using wrong ones.

Bob
And - he was being subtle in doing it because I made this very same comment on a post by devdog.

Try to keep up, dude.

Unless - you were doing the same thing. Cool.
Old Wed Jan 09, 2002, 02:12am
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally posted by bluezebra

Bob
I realize that now that I read the post a second time. I may be slow but I'm stupid.
Old Wed Jan 09, 2002, 08:50am
Official Forum Member

I'll raise everyone a extra head coach. Last night Girls Varsity, we barely made it to bonus (7 fouls) on the visiting team, and didn't even get there on the home team. Our "room" was a coaches office in the Home locker room. As we are walking in at the half we hear the coach "Now be careful, you know they are going to call the ticky-tack fouls the rest of the game". I don't know what his definition of ticky-tack was, but I almost asked him if HE was watching the same game as us.
Old Wed Jan 09, 2002, 11:49am
certified Hot Mom tester

Cool

Quote:
Originally posted by Brian Watson
I'll raise everyone a extra head coach. Last night Girls Varsity, we barely made it to bonus (7 fouls) on the visiting team, and didn't even get there on the home team. Our "room" was a coaches office in the Home locker room. As we are walking in at the half we hear the coach "Now be careful, you know they are going to call the ticky-tack fouls the rest of the game". I don't know what his definition of ticky-tack was, but I almost asked him if HE was watching the same game as us.
You blew a golden opportunity to create your own Davism. Coming out for the second half, you could have reported the first foul against his team as (for instance), "blue, 21, for a ticky-tack." The look on his face would have been priceless.

However, I don't know what the hand signal is for that. Any suggestions? Maybe a light slap on a limp wrist.
Old Wed Jan 09, 2002, 11:53am
Official Forum Member

Send a message via AIM to rainmaker
Quote:
Originally posted by Mark Padgett
Quote:
Originally posted by Brian Watson
You blew a golden opportunity to create your own Davism. Coming out for the second half, you could have reported the first foul against his team as (for instance), "blue, 21, for a ticky-tack." The look on his face would have been priceless.

However, I don't know what the hand signal is for that. Any suggestions? Maybe a light slap on a limp wrist.
Mark, if you keep posting like this, you'll blow your cover...
Old Wed Jan 09, 2002, 11:56am
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally posted by rainmaker
Calling it both ways?
Old Wed Jan 09, 2002, 11:59am
Official Forum Member

Send a message via AIM to rainmaker
Quote:
Originally posted by Mark Dexter
Quote:
Calling it both ways?
Oh, sheez...

That was not what I meant at all. Mark knows what I'm talking about. No one else should read that last post from me.
Old Wed Jan 09, 2002, 02:10pm
In Memoriam

Quote:

That was not what I meant at all. Mark knows what I'm talking about. No one else should read that last post from me. [/B]
There's a couple of us that know what you're talking about.We don't want him to stop,either!:
Old Wed Jan 09, 2002, 03:12pm
Official Forum Member

Talking Signal for calling it both ways?

The official goes to reporting area and presents both hands at the waist level and "rocks them" like s/he is bouncing a slinky back and forth. Verbalizes: "Foul, both ways, 32 White, (Pause) White, 32, both ways , Foul"