The Official Forum  

Go Back   The Official Forum > Basketball

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old Fri Apr 27, 2007, 12:43pm
Official Forum Member

Shirts

What brand or style of shirt was most comfortable this year. I need to buy some new one's for next year, and I would like some opinions on which one's look and feel the best.
Old Fri Apr 27, 2007, 01:32pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by howie719
What brand or style of shirt was most comfortable this year. I need to buy some new one's for next year, and I would like some opinions on which one's look and feel the best.
I get all my shirts and whistles from Officialschoice.com

http://theofficialschoice.com/

Try this link too: http://theofficialschoice.com/index....ProdID=63&HS=1

Talk to Paul - he's a pretty cool guy. The time to take me to receive my shirts and pants was less than 4 days (from New Jersey to California)
Old Fri Apr 27, 2007, 02:06pm
M.A.S.H.

I agree, The Official's Choice. I've had problems with them in the past due to their shipping. However, they have redeemed themselves.
Old Fri Apr 27, 2007, 02:51pm
(Something hilarious)

Quote:
Originally Posted by tjones1
I agree, The Official's Choice. I've had problems with them in the past due to their shipping. However, they have redeemed themselves.
Same for me.
Old Fri Apr 27, 2007, 04:09pm
Official & Member

I like the Cliff Keen micro mesh. I've had one for 6 years and it still looks good. Just line dry them and they feel & look good for years. You can get them from just about any on-line supplier.
Old Fri Apr 27, 2007, 04:29pm
Do not give a damn!!

Cliff Keen Referee: Ultra-Mesh Shirt

Actually this is a better shirt and if you are not associated with IAABO, why would you want a shirt with that logo? This shirt is very cool and feels not as rough as the cotton or poly shirts.

Peace
Old Fri Apr 27, 2007, 06:15pm
Official Forum Member

Old Fri Apr 27, 2007, 06:23pm
M.A.S.H.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ref18
I'm with ref18.
Old Fri Apr 27, 2007, 08:17pm
Aleve Titles to Others

Send a message via AIM to 26 Year Gap
Old Sat Apr 28, 2007, 01:54am
Official Forum Member

Send a message via AIM to TRef21
I really like officials choice because of there deals. Honigs is good too. I like how I can drive to the one in Southern CA since Im 30 mins away from it from home and 5 mins from my college. They are pretty good when it comes to outfitting officials.
Old Sat Apr 28, 2007, 09:04am
Do not give a damn!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ch1town
Things that make you go Hmmmmmm

Why does this dude continue to throw little girl jabs at me when I post?
The official inquired about this at 11:43am, I respond with some info at 3:22pm you spend all day on the forum, but decided to reply 7 minutes after me. You've been trolling me since I started coming here... for once say what you have to say & stop beating around the bush.

I c l e a r l y stated that I DIDN'T KNOW if he was affiliated, but if he were I thought that was a good deal. As the patch can cost up $7 by itself.
Who said anything about ordering the shirt if he wasn't affiliated????
Are you sure you were born and raised in Chicago? You sound kind of soft to me if that is the case.

Take the stick out of your behind and realize that if someone buys the shirt you suggested it very well might not be an approved shirt for that individual. It is better to recommend a shirt without a logo when they might not be able to wear it at all. If he wanted an IAABO shirt or logo, he would have likely said that (just a guess, but a good one). BTW, this topic is discussed all the time and people do not recommend shirts (jackets, hats, or any other item for that matter) that are not based on their personal opinions. If you stick around awhile, you will realize that people will always come and answer questions in many different ways with many different ideas of what works for them or in their experience. If I really wanted to attack you I could have said much worse. Actually my comments were only about you in passing because you recommended something he might not be able to use (which is very likely).

I would not suggest someone to buy a shirt for example if I know they needed a state emblem or logo on the item either. If he calls Honigs and orders that shirt, he might have to send it back if he is not an IAABO member. It is much better to give that person options so they can decide. If you noticed I recommended a shirt that I feel is better quality and will last longer and look like new longer based on my experience. Sorry, I have been here for some time and I do not answer questions just based on what one person might say. Do not flatter yourself. If this kind of dialog offends you so much, I would really hate to see how you act when things get rough on the court.

You have been here less than a 100 posts and you think you are so important that everything you say I am that in tuned to what you put out?

Peace

Last edited by JRutledge; Sat Apr 28, 2007 at 09:26am.
Old Sat Apr 28, 2007, 05:43pm
Official Forum Member

regardless of the confrontation, I purchased the Officials Choice soft mesh shirts this past year and they were great. Got a great deal also by getting 5 of them. I really prefer them now to my old shirts.
Old Sat Apr 28, 2007, 06:16pm
Aleve Titles to Others

Send a message via AIM to 26 Year Gap
I have been happy with the micro-softer shirts from Officials Choice. My wife doesn't like them as much because I have to beg her to sew on patches as they are no longeer our official supplier. The gray shirts from OC are top notch as well.

My Honigs shirt was not as nice, but I think I ordered the basic mesh.
Old Sat Apr 28, 2007, 06:18pm
Official Forum Member

new official

just a quick question for those who are on.....in the process of getting registered to be an official in Michigan. how do i get games once im a fully registered official??
Old Sun Apr 29, 2007, 04:00pm
Official Forum Member

I prefer the Cliff Keen just because of the fit. OC are nice, but I seem to be kind of in between their sizes. Their large is a little baggier in the torso than I like and the medium makes it look like I'm trying to go practically sleeveless. You know, giving folks tickets....TOTHEGUNSHOW!!!
Closed Thread