Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old Tue Apr 17, 2007, 05:28pm
Official Forum Member

Send a message via AIM to Dan_ref
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nevadaref
What's the aveage length of an NBA career for the top players? It is my belief that the officials shouldn't be around much longer than that.
Why?
Quote:
Joey has other issues with his personality
Joey? First name basis?
Quote:
which have landed him in trouble in the past as well as this time, but I also have to believe that his being in the league for 29 years, which is more than enough, is part of the problem.
Why?
Quote:
It seems that when people do something for so many years they lose perspective and get too high on themselves.
Good point. Nothing more corrosive than experience and wisdom.
Quote:

It is time for Joey and Bavetta to go.
Why?
Quote:

The NBA should consider putting in a cap of 15 or 20 years for officials.
Why?
Old Tue Apr 17, 2007, 05:50pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by dave30
I'M NOT A FANBOY! I'M AN OFFICIAL TOO ! Joey was wrong this time. We all make mistakes. Duncan whines, but so does Nowitski, Bryant, James, etc. I'm tired of always being called a fanboy if I question an official on this forum. I don't mind when I get questioned by my fellow officials after a game. I try to learn from it.
Tough to understand why some folks on this forum can't differentiate between a fan with an uninformed opinion and an official with an informed opinion. Crawford no doubt deserved what he got, but I've also watched Duncan enough to not appreciate his antics. Dumping on officials who saw the game and faulted Crawford, with or without the suspension, is just stupid, though.
Old Tue Apr 17, 2007, 05:54pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by rockyroad
Uhmmm...unless you are posting under both dave30 and CoachJinx, you need to dake a deep breath and slow down here...the only one being disparaged for being a fanboy in this thread is Jinxie-poo. The specific comments you replied to here were a direct reply to Jinxed-up...not sure why you're getting your tail all bunched up here...
Visit the thread that was locked and see how critical opinions from officials, before the suspension was issued, were responded to.
Old Tue Apr 17, 2007, 05:57pm
Official Forum Member

Dan_ref must be an old guy.
Old Tue Apr 17, 2007, 06:03pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Someday you will be too. And if you "still have game" and you still love to ref, you might be singing a different tune.

There are several "older refs" in our HS association as well as the junior college games that I ref who are fantastic officials. They need to stay, not go! Experience is a huge asset.

Joey Crawford's 29 years are a credit to him. He made a mistake but to say that his experience is part of the problem is..... ignorant at best.
Old Tue Apr 17, 2007, 06:27pm
Fav theme: Roundball Rock

I have no idea what who said to whom, but if Tim D was fined 25 grand, how is a double T a bad call?
Old Tue Apr 17, 2007, 06:34pm
In Memoriam

Quote:
Originally Posted by zebraman
Someday you will be too. And if you "still have game" and you still love to ref, you might be singing a different tune.

There are several "older refs" in our HS association as well as the junior college games that I ref who are fantastic officials. They need to stay, not go! Experience is a huge asset.

Joey Crawford's 29 years are a credit to him. He made a mistake but to say that his experience is part of the problem is..... ignorant at best.
Joey Crawford is 55 years old. He's still in good shape and doesn't have any more problems keeping up than do younger officials.

Imo, Joey's problem is that he's an official that likes to call a game according to the rules and also doesn't believe in treating the stars any different than the scrubbies. In a league that is solely geared for entertainment and is star based, that just doesn't fly. He's probably not a good fit anymore.

You know at that level that every team has a "book" on every single official. The players and coaches should know what he's like, and if they're smart, they should try to adjust to him rather than vice-versa. Well, unfortunately there's too many knuckleheads in that league that worry more about getting dissed than actually winning. Officiating in the NBA is a hopeless job anymore imo. That's one of the reasons that the league has become basically unwatchable, and their all-star teams are getting the snot beat out of them by the likes of Puerto Rica, Spain and Italy.
Old Tue Apr 17, 2007, 06:40pm
In Memoriam

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steven Tyler
BTW-I'd rather be known as a fanboy than a jock sniffer.
After your remarks about the Rutgers' womans team, you're known here as something else. And that "something else" is a heckuva lot worse than a being a fanboy or jock sniffer.
Old Tue Apr 17, 2007, 06:55pm
In Memoriam

[QUOTE=JoeTheRef]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jurassic Referee

After reading this thread all day, I really didn't know where I stood, or what I could learn from what Joey Crawford did.
Joe, you just replied from an official's perspective. You are a ref! You know that we're all going to make mistakes. You also know that if you want to develop into the best official that you can be, you need to learn from those mistakes. The better officials simply make fewer mistakes than others, and also tend not to repeat their mistakes. Fanboys, and some officials unfortunately, never look at things from that perspective. All they see is a missed or blown call, and it becomes a conspiracy against their favorite team.

Good luck in your officiating career.
Old Tue Apr 17, 2007, 06:56pm
In Memoriam

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coach Jinx
TO all my fans out there...told you SO!!!
Officiating resume, fanboy?
Old Tue Apr 17, 2007, 07:22pm
Official Forum Member

joey

had to help my wife(I'm not 14)so let me finsih what I was talking about. joey did not make a mistake he went after someone. He made it personal & attacked TD for whatever dumb reason. Since I'm a young guy they try & tell me how to be negative towards people or not correct an mistake they make. Happened this weekend while I was doing a college football scrimmage. Older guy telling me it was DPI & I told in no way in hell it was. During the film review observer gave me a THAT A BOY on a GREAT NO CALL!!!(SEE I REALLY AM AN OFFICIAL)
Old Tue Apr 17, 2007, 07:56pm
Official Forum Member

Send a message via AIM to Dan_ref
Quote:
Whatever.

Thanks for avoiding my questions, reveals a lot about you that has nothing to do with your age, but everything to do with who you are.
Old Tue Apr 17, 2007, 08:04pm
Esteemed Participant

Quote:
Originally Posted by jkjenning
Visit the thread that was locked and see how critical opinions from officials, before the suspension was issued, were responded to.
You go back and read it and you will see that I am one of the "responders" - but I don't remember anyone wanting to really discuss the call or no-call, just wanting to dump on Joey Crawford - he kicked out the best player and that made the game horrible, he only called those T's to make Cuban happy, yada, yada, yada...once again, discuss calls and situations all we want to, but when you dump on another official like those earlier posts did then you'd better be ready to take it too...
Old Tue Apr 17, 2007, 08:35pm
In Memoriam

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coach Jinx
jurrasic is the worst, I hate when I work with guys like this who aren't very good, have bad attitudes towards players, coaches & fans.
Whointhehell are you trying to kid, fanboy .You've never officiated a game in any sport in your life. Any post that you've made since you came here was made solely to dump on officials.

You're just another troll wandering through the door to see how much crap he can stir up....

Last edited by Jurassic Referee; Tue Apr 17, 2007 at 08:42pm.
Old Tue Apr 17, 2007, 08:38pm
In Memoriam

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steven Tyler
You're just trying to make up stuff now.
Your thoughts on the Rutgers womens teams were deleted, as well they should have been. Crawl back under your rock. Your kind isn't needed here.
Closed Thread