The Official Forum  

Go Back   The Official Forum > Basketball
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old Mon Apr 02, 2007, 06:43pm
Aleve Titles to Others

Send a message via AIM to 26 Year Gap
I work 3 games on one day of a two game tournament or 2 on 1 off 2 on. We get paid $30 per game. I use it to work on positioning and other stuff I felt I was weak on during the season. This past weekend was great--no money grubbers while I was there. And all three games went by without a hitch. No Ts, no problems. Of course they all won't be that way, but it was nice to have a weekend set that went smoothly.
Old Mon Apr 02, 2007, 06:59pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by 26 Year Gap
I work 3 games on one day of a two game tournament or 2 on 1 off 2 on. We get paid $30 per game. I use it to work on positioning and other stuff I felt I was weak on during the season. This past weekend was great--no money grubbers while I was there. And all three games went by without a hitch. No Ts, no problems. Of course they all won't be that way, but it was nice to have a weekend set that went smoothly.
I've heard some areas do that (sit out a game thing). If I'm there for 4 games, then let me work them and go. I don't want to be there for 5 games and get paid for 4. I sureasheck don't want to sit a game and then have to stretch out again.
Old Mon Apr 02, 2007, 07:14pm
Aleve Titles to Others

Send a message via AIM to 26 Year Gap
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisSportsFan
I've heard some areas do that (sit out a game thing). If I'm there for 4 games, then let me work them and go. I don't want to be there for 5 games and get paid for 4. I sureasheck don't want to sit a game and then have to stretch out again.

Are you 50 yet?
Old Mon Apr 02, 2007, 07:26pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by smoref
I have ignored you long enough, I just can't hold it anymore.

YOU ARE AN IDIOT

To say that you never have problems doing AAU ball is either a complete lie are you are doing 1st graders.
I did not say that, now go back and read my posts and try it again.

Quote:
Originally Posted by smoref
Yesterday, in my first game I had a nice little pregame with the coaches and explained what I expected from them, yada yada. I called a foul and the coach stood in front of the table and was blocking the view of the score keeper. I politely asked him to go back in front of his bench. A few minutes later he was out of his box again complaining. I whacked him and we moved on. After the game he came over and apologized for being out of line and said we did a great job. He also lost the game.

I was not tired or being lazy and he was acting out of line and he was wrong. That was one of 4 T's I had this weekend. The other three were basically the same scenario.

Go back to fairy tail land or coaching. What ever is your reality
My reality is not to whack a coach because he's standing in front of the table while I'm trying to report a foul in an AAU game. I have been doing this for a long time. I figured a few things out but to say that all my games are perfect would be a lie. The majority of my games I don't have a problem because I work hard at being an effective communicator. A part of the job they don't really teach you. I use to umpire and do adult wreck softball. You learn a few things when you got 20 beer drinking men, all with baseball bats and attitudes and you are the single guy in charge of the game and controlling the fans. You develop this attitude.

The art of communicating. I remember a softball game I had where in the top half of the 1st inning this player had on a football helmet playing left field. When he came in, I was like, what is that on your head, take it off. Player and his coach and all the other guys on his team, the other umpires let him play with it on. I said fine, he can leave it on! Everytime he comes up to bat, he will be automatically out, but, he can leave it on. You should have seen how quick he took that helmet off. My point is, you don't have to carry a big stick to get your point across. You control the game, take control and keep control. We are going to all (players, coaches, fans) respect one another in this game. Remember, if you give respect, you will get respect in return. That is my reality.

Last edited by Old School; Mon Apr 02, 2007 at 07:29pm.