The Official Forum

The Official Forum (https://forum.officiating.com/)
-   Basketball (https://forum.officiating.com/basketball/)
-   -   OJ Mayo dunk and apparent ejection (https://forum.officiating.com/basketball/33349-oj-mayo-dunk-apparent-ejection.html)

sj Tue Apr 03, 2007 05:43pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by Snaqwells
No one else will recognize these names, but my grandmother grew up in Lehigh and my wife grew up in Gowrie.

I've driven through Lehigh many times on the way to scout camp at Doliver Park.
Kind of built on a hillside if I remember.

TimTaylor Tue Apr 03, 2007 05:50pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by jkjenning
ZZZzzzzz :)
Actually, my wife is from Des Moines and I would have loved to have attended Iowa State for a graduate degree - oh well, life moved in a different direction; about seven years ago I had my kids convinced for a few weeks that we were going to move - the Computer Engineering program there really produces while the program in San Antonio is bogged down in faculty-vs-faculty politics.
...what was this thread about anyway? :D

I spent a year in Burlington one January..............

You in SA? My son graduates from Trinity in May.......

Jurassic Referee Tue Apr 03, 2007 05:52pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by earmitage
And you ref?

Yes, I ref. And I get it too. And I also despise azzholes like you.

Don't take that personally though....:)

earmitage Tue Apr 03, 2007 06:00pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jurassic Referee
Yes, I ref. And I get it too. And I also despise azzholes like you.

Don't take that personally though....:)

Let's see, 13,000+ posts. Roughly 3 minutes per post equates to about 500 days posting on this site, if you were posting 24 hours a day every single day of the year! Over 1000 days or almost 3 years if you were posting 12 hours a day. You have only been a member since 2001. My Lord.

Truly, man, get a life! And, yeah, you can take it personally because that is all you have been doing the moment you opened your yap, spewing nonsense.

Jurassic Referee Tue Apr 03, 2007 06:10pm

Quote:

Truly, man, get a life! And, yeah, you can take it personally because that is all you have been doing the moment you opened your yap, spewing nonsense.

Fuk off.

Please take that personally.

deecee Tue Apr 03, 2007 06:13pm

ooo an

e-FIGHT

Mwanr1 Tue Apr 03, 2007 06:14pm

In all honest opinion - I RESPECT YOU JURASSIC!!! KEEP POSTING!!!

Adam Tue Apr 03, 2007 06:15pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by sj
I've driven through Lehigh many times on the way to scout camp at Doliver Park.
Kind of built on a hillside if I remember.

It sits deep in a valley of the DM river. My grandfather grew up in Webster City, but he's buried in a cemetary just northwest of Lehigh. when we're back in Iowa, we spend lot of time in Fort Dodge (my wife's father's family is there) and Des Moines (my family).
Our wedding reception was at Dolliver. Nice park.

earmitage Tue Apr 03, 2007 06:28pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jurassic Referee
Fuk off.

Please take that personally.

You keep hiding behind your referee's skirt, but I have yet to see you address a single complaint in an articulate, measured tone. Why don't you at least attempt to explain why the final game was called the way it was? You keep wanting to take offense that anyone, God forbid a lowly fan, would question a call that was made. Why don't you back it up with the rule book instead of childish innuendo?

jkjenning Tue Apr 03, 2007 06:35pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by TimTaylor
I spent a year in Burlington one January..............

You in SA? My son graduates from Trinity in May.......

Trinity is about 3 miles south of us - heard a great organ recital there a couple of weeks ago; one of my dearest friends builds pipe organs and keeps me informed of recitals and such. Congrats on the graduation! We'll have four kids in college next year, with the oldest a senior and the youngest a freshman! :eek: "four more years" will have a very non-political ring in our household! :D

jkjenning Tue Apr 03, 2007 06:36pm

Quote:

...God forbid a lowly fan, would question a call that was made. Why don't you back it up with the rule book instead of childish innuendo?

Go get a whistle, work a year as an official and then come back to this board and post your comments - until then you have no room to mouth off.
Wait - one year is too short to give you any rights... but one year is plenty of time to change your perspective - guaranteed!

deecee Tue Apr 03, 2007 06:37pm

Quote:

You keep hiding behind your referee's skirt, but I have yet to see you address a single complaint in an articulate, measured tone. Why don't you at least attempt to explain why the final game was called the way it was? You keep wanting to take offense that anyone, God forbid a lowly fan, would question a call that was made. Why don't you back it up with the rule book instead of childish innuendo?

How are any of us to explain why and how a game was called that none of us worked?

maybe you should contact the officials that worked the game and file a complaint with the NCAA regarding this.

From what I saw the game was well officiated -- couple calls seems "Oh RLY" but I (we) have the advantage of replays with multiple angles and multiple speeds.

why not look at free throw disparities OSU -- 11/17 and FLA -- 22/25
or 3-point differenct OSU -- 4/23 and FLA -- 10/18

how about the fact that the gators had twice as many turnovers as the buckeyes 15-7 or that the buckeyes were outrebounded 38-27.

the fouls were 19 for florida and 20 for OSU.

OH and OSU had 11 steals to Florida's 5.

So it looks like OSU couldnt Hit from the outside, couldn't capitalize on turovers, werent trying to get to the line (which when they made it there they shot sub 65%).

But the OFFICIALS 1 or 2 questionable calls were what led OSU to lose -- right. Do you see why we dont have much respect for fanboys. Because like most who cannot grasp reality and admit defeat always want to try and find fault and blame elsewhere than the fact that OSU WAS OUTPLAYED.

Jurassic Referee Tue Apr 03, 2007 06:43pm

Quote:

Why don't you at least attempt to explain why the final game was called the way it was?

You've been told "why". It's a complete waste of time trying to explain something to someone who is <b>not</b> going to believe you anyway, no matter what you say. Your mind is made up, and it was made up from the git-go. That's cool. If you want to believe that the bad ol' officials deliberately screwed up the game, there's not one damn thing that anyone here can say that will change your mind. Hell, we know that. It's not like you're the first clueless fanboy that came wandering onto this site and decided that he was gonna straighten up all of those stoopid officials. You're just one of many fanboys that wander in at this time of year, and basically you're all the same too. Clueless dickheads.

Don't take that that personally though.....:)

Adam Tue Apr 03, 2007 06:45pm

Jurassic gets the Oscar for Best Use of Smiley.