The Official Forum  

Go Back   The Official Forum > Basketball
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old Mon Mar 05, 2007, 05:39pm
Official Forum Member

Playoff game in the court system

This happened last week. It has been resolved. Check out the link. It's worth the read.

http://www.belleville.com/mld/bellev...l/16817085.htm
Old Mon Mar 05, 2007, 06:26pm

Wow, great article! I can't believe it! I'm still kind of split on this one. We're talking a star player leaving one school for another and showing up to beat your team. I don't doubt for one minute that the Madison school didn't purposely hold back the paperwork, but the oneness still falls on Lincoln to make sure, and they dropped the ball. That's like forgetting to put the player in the book, still a technical after 10 minute mark. And they are on probation! The principle needs to be released, she doesn't have a clue and the coaches are pretty much doing what they want.

At this point, do you think they could play the game without the star player? Would that matter to you? Are do you punish them and forfeit all there games to this point?

Now Lincoln wants to jump behind the card it's all about the kids. I'm sorry, I'm not buying that. They created this mess and unfortunately, they're going to have to sleep in that bed. I think they need to pass a law in Illinois where if you transfer in, you sit for a year, no exceptions. That would end a lot of this players jumping around to get more PT and coaches trying to load up there teams.

Unbelieveable!!!
Old Mon Mar 05, 2007, 07:28pm
M.A.S.H.

Obviously being from IL, I heard about it and actually it isn't too far from me. Interesting stuff, looks like they got their hand caught in the cookie jar. Sad they took it to court, luckly the court then reversed the order.
Old Mon Mar 05, 2007, 08:49pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
"I understand where Marty's coming from, but we need to use some common sense here," said Harry Briggs, the Madison County Regional Superintendent and also president of Lincoln Charter. "If the IHSA can prove that we've been deceitful, that we've done something that was wrong or we tried to cheat the system, so be it.
Common approach today - don't admit any wrongdoing, but put the onus on the accusers to prove it.