The Official Forum  

Go Back   The Official Forum > Basketball

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old Thu Feb 01, 2007, 04:25pm
Official Forum Member

Angry Isnt that a Biotch

Sitting here at work, just brought my gear in from the car to warm up before i change to go do some fun middle school games. Things get slow so i pull out the shoes make sure they are polished, pull out the whistles ( i carry 5 ) to make sure they are clean.

WTH! all my whistles look like they went through a cheese gradder. Call home, hey hun do you know what the heck happened to my whistles? Well the dog got into your bag last night, took out the little pouch you keep your whistles in, took it in the other room and by the time we caught him he had pulled everyone of your whistles out of the bad and chewed them up. We figured you could still use them so we put them back in the bag ( with the chewed up lanyards ) and I forgot to tell you this morning.

Looks like my dog wants to be a ref too. I hope the local sporting goods has some Fox Pros or im using the old chrome plated metal one tonight.

Oh well, just had to say something to someone!
Old Thu Feb 01, 2007, 04:27pm
Official Forum Member

Better check to make sure there isn't a "pee" in your whistle.....
Old Thu Feb 01, 2007, 04:28pm
Official Forum Member

I'm darn near in tears. Worst part is I can see my dogs doing the same thing and no one at my house saying anything either.

Good Luck - maybe you partner has a spare for the night.
Old Thu Feb 01, 2007, 04:31pm
Official & Member

That's some funny $hit....funnier if you showed up at the game without checking...and a good reason why I dangle one (a whistle) from the rear view mirror in my car. It's one piece of equipment that's always there if I need it.

Last edited by Bad Zebra; Thu Feb 01, 2007 at 04:35pm.
Old Thu Feb 01, 2007, 05:11pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jcarter
Sitting here at work, just brought my gear in from the car to warm up before i change to go do some fun middle school games. Things get slow so i pull out the shoes make sure they are polished, pull out the whistles ( i carry 5 ) to make sure they are clean.

WTH! all my whistles look like they went through a cheese gradder. Call home, hey hun do you know what the heck happened to my whistles? Well the dog got into your bag last night, took out the little pouch you keep your whistles in, took it in the other room and by the time we caught him he had pulled everyone of your whistles out of the bad and chewed them up. We figured you could still use them so we put them back in the bag ( with the chewed up lanyards ) and I forgot to tell you this morning.

Looks like my dog wants to be a ref too. I hope the local sporting goods has some Fox Pros or im using the old chrome plated metal one tonight.

Oh well, just had to say something to someone!
I hope to not offend anyone, but could you re-title this thread to "It was a B|tch."
Old Thu Feb 01, 2007, 05:32pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by SamIAm
I hope to not offend anyone, but could you re-title this thread to "It was a B|tch."
Is your dog a female?? Because a female dog can be called a B|tch
Old Fri Feb 02, 2007, 01:58am
(Something hilarious)

My cats haven't found mine yet, thank goodness. I'm most worried about animal hair on my pants and jacket (and in my bag - they like to explore any and all open bags in the apartment).

I don't carry 5 in my bag (2, with an extra smitty lanyard and full lanyard, in case my loop breaks on the shirt), but have one in my glove compartment - and it's always reassuring that I have a box of unopened Fox40s at the office.
Old Fri Feb 02, 2007, 02:13am
Never Stop Learning

Have had the very same thing happen. Wasn't funny at the time but it is now. Had to go into my football bag and grab some more whistles. I only lost four.
Old Fri Feb 02, 2007, 02:14am
Official Forum Member

After doing a double header with the chrome one, I bet that you have 10 or 15 good whistles in your bad next time.

Great story!

Mr. Motivation
Old Fri Feb 02, 2007, 02:21am
Official Forum Member

Did a soph/jv DH last night. After the game the varsity guys were just finishing up their pregame, and as they went to grab their stuff to head out, one realized he had no whistles. He'd had his daughter clean them in peroxide, and she hadn't put them back in his bag.

Whoops!

Lucky for him both my partner and I had unused spares to offer.

I also keep an emergeny spare looped over my rear-view mirror. Paranoia keeps me alive
Old Fri Feb 02, 2007, 12:56pm
M.A.S.H.

I too have an emergency spare in my car looped over my rear-view mirror. It's a "retired" whistle as it was the whistle I used on the first game I ever called. It was a CMG so it certainly looks like a dog got ahold of it. But one didn't, I was just that nervous.
Old Fri Feb 02, 2007, 01:55pm
Official Forum Member

Send a message via MSN to swkansasref33
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrmotivation
After doing a double header with the chrome one, I bet that you have 10 or 15 good whistles in your bad next time.

Great story!

Mr. Motivation
Not quite right. I bet he has 10-15 good whistles in his bag, but 5 in one pocket, 5 in another, and 5 more in YET ANOTHER pocket, just to be sure his dog doesnt find all of them
Old Fri Feb 02, 2007, 02:13pm
Official Forum Member

HAHHAHAHAHA!

So true!

Mr. Motivation
Old Fri Feb 02, 2007, 02:24pm
M.A.S.H.

I also have a spare in my jacket...just in case. Picked that little tip up from our good friend, Chuck!
Old Fri Feb 02, 2007, 02:54pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by tjones1
I also have a spare in my jacket...just in case. Picked that little tip up from our good friend, Chuck!
Chuck who?

(Used with permission.)