The Official Forum  

Go Back   The Official Forum > Basketball
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old Wed Jan 24, 2007, 01:14pm
Official Forum Member

I agree that the stop sign was probably because I was the assistant and it probably didn't help that the HC was already sitting on a T from earlier, but as I've said before coaches are people just like officials. Talk to the assistant coach in this case or as I said in the OP tell the HC you don't want to hear from the AC, but the stop sign is childish.

That being said...when I'm officiating I don't mind responding (especially in this case during, a dead ball, in close proximity, not yelling) to an assistant's respectful question or request.

BTW...HC in this case after the game said to me that he enjoyed coaching from his seat and he might try it the rest of the season
Old Wed Jan 24, 2007, 01:41pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by biz
BTW...HC in this case after the game said to me that he enjoyed coaching from his seat and he might try it the rest of the season
It's funny but I've had a couple of coaches that seem to coach better when they are sitting. When these coaches are standing they feel they have to put on a coaching show for the parents, fans, players, etc. They feel the need to show everyone that they are "coaching" or "working the officials". This is just my observation with a few coaches.