The Official Forum  

Go Back   The Official Forum > Basketball

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old Thu Jan 18, 2007, 05:08pm
Official Forum Member

Send a message via AIM to fonzzy07
Purchase Officials Terrible Customer Service

Has any one else had problems with the store Purchase Officials (purchaseofficials.com).
Well I ordered a special they had with a combo on pant and shirt. I also purchased a SAHARA CCA Jacket. Well needless to say they had promised me they would be here today. Well I got the pant and shirt combo, but not the jacket. I called and when the guy answered I was put on hold for 10 Minutes and they said they were sending it from Texas. I then asked when I could expect to get it. I was told to hold on again. This time for only 6 minutes. He then came on and said the person in texas had just filled the order and it would go out tomm. Humm my order goes out the day after it is suppose to be here. Good Customer service I think not. I guess they have lost a customer for the rest of my reffing career, Which should be long since I am only 18.
JUST THOUGHT I WOULD WARN YOU GUYS BEFORE YOU FALL FOR THEM
Old Thu Jan 18, 2007, 05:12pm
Official Forum Member

no problems here

I have ordered from them before, with no problems...hopefully (not for your sake obviously) but for everyone else, it is just an isolated incident...
Old Thu Jan 18, 2007, 05:26pm
M.A.S.H.

I haven't had any problems from them. But if you're needing a CCA jacket and you're 18..you've gotta be doing something right! Congrats!
Old Thu Jan 18, 2007, 05:39pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by cmathews
I have ordered from them before, with no problems...hopefully (not for your sake obviously) but for everyone else, it is just an isolated incident...
Incorrect, there shipping leaves a lot to be desired. I was not impressed with customer service either. Although they did rectify my order, it was a pain having to redo it or call them back up afterwards. Products is very good and very reasonably price.
Old Thu Jan 18, 2007, 06:24pm
Official Forum Member

I prefer Honigs or getofficial.com.
Old Thu Jan 18, 2007, 06:47pm
Official Forum Member

I'd like to put in a good word for Official's Choice. There was a day when they kinda took it on the chin. But in my opinion, Paul and the gang have turned over a new leaf there, and they have pretty damn good service now, not to mention the most comfortable shirt on the market.
Old Thu Jan 18, 2007, 09:58pm
Official Forum Member

Send a message via AIM to Mountaineer Send a message via Yahoo to Mountaineer
I thought Purchase Officials was state-by-state. I know there's one in WV and he's an official too so he makes sure to give us good service. At least he does to me - we're buddies! LOL

The best part about beating your head against the wall is it feels so good when you stop.
Old Thu Jan 18, 2007, 10:01pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mountaineer
I thought Purchase Officials was state-by-state. I know there's one in WV and he's an official too so he makes sure to give us good service. At least he does to me - we're buddies! LOL
The one I ordered from was OHIO however my jacket was not in there ( notice the proper usage) but they have to ship my jacket from TEXAS.
Old Thu Jan 18, 2007, 11:11pm
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by fonzzy07
Has any one else had problems with the store Purchase Officials (purchaseofficials.com).
Well I ordered a special they had with a combo on pant and shirt. I also purchased a SAHARA CCA Jacket. Well needless to say they had promised me they would be here today. Well I got the pant and shirt combo, but not the jacket. I called and when the guy answered I was put on hold for 10 Minutes and they said they were sending it from Texas. I then asked when I could expect to get it. I was told to hold on again. This time for only 6 minutes. He then came on and said the person in texas had just filled the order and it would go out tomm. Humm my order goes out the day after it is suppose to be here. Good Customer service I think not. I guess they have lost a customer for the rest of my reffing career, Which should be long since I am only 18.
JUST THOUGHT I WOULD WARN YOU GUYS BEFORE YOU FALL FOR THEM

Fonzzy:

I am sorry to hear that you had a bad experience with Purchase Officials Supply. I purchase over 95% of my officiating equipment from P.O.S., either from its main store in Barberton, Ohio, or from the Florida store in Merritt Island, and I have never had a problem with P.O.S.

I suggest that you contact Joe DeRosa at the Barberton store and tell him or one of his associates your complaints. I am sure that they will investigate them do right by you.

MTD, Sr.
Ohio Assn. of Basketball Officials
International Assn. of Approved Bkb. Officials
Ohio High School Athletic Association
Toledo, Ohio
Old Fri Jan 19, 2007, 01:40pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark T. DeNucci, Sr.
I am sorry to hear that you had a bad experience with Purchase Officials Supply. I purchase over 95% of my officiating equipment from P.O.S., either from its main store in Barberton, Ohio, or from the Florida store in Merritt Island, and I have never had a problem with P.O.S. MTD, Sr.
Here's the problem as I see it. If they ship you more than one thing. They're gonna screw it up. I ordered from them twice recently, and both times, same problem, and when calling customer support. Had to call and email several times. Good products, bad shipping, suspect customer support. There you have it. Everyone can make their own decisions now. Would I order from them again, yes, if they where the only ones that offered the product I was looking for. When ordering a bulk of products. I would look elsewhere for a more reliable vendor, maybe Honig's.
Old Fri Jan 19, 2007, 11:58pm
Official Forum Member

I've never had a problem with POS ... I've gotten everything from them. The thing I've always liked about them was their great customer service.

I'm sure this was an isolated incident, but I agree with whoever said to let Joe D. know of your experience. He'll get it fixed.
Old Wed Jan 24, 2007, 09:33pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark T. DeNucci, Sr.
Fonzzy:

I am sorry to hear that you had a bad experience with Purchase Officials Supply. I purchase over 95% of my officiating equipment from P.O.S., either from its main store in Barberton, Ohio, or from the Florida store in Merritt Island, and I have never had a problem with P.O.S.

I suggest that you contact Joe DeRosa at the Barberton store and tell him or one of his associates your complaints. I am sure that they will investigate them do right by you.

MTD, Sr.
NOT SO.
Well I finnaly got the jacket late today. This of course is after some more terrible customer service.First, they called me 3 days ago saying they had the wrong zip code, and tried to tell me that it was my fault, well I already recived one package from them so I don't think that was my fault. When I asked to speak to the manager of the Texas store he rudly told me there was nothing more he could do I would just have to wait. I then asked for the email adress of the man incharge of all of the stores. Well guess what 2 days went by and no reply of my email. So i called the Ohio store and asked for the manager of all places and he happened to answer the phone, guess what the guy in Texas gave me his email adress no wounder why I did not get a reply. Well again all the guy in Ohio said was well it was comming. I then got an email later today about 2 hours after Talking to the guy in Ohio from the guy in Texas, and well he blamed everything on the weather. Funny how he never mentioned the weather when I first talked to him, if he would have just said it upfront I would have understood more, but now it appears he is lying. Best of all he closed his email very appropriatly by saying "I apologize if you felt we were rude to you on the
phone. I never want that" Well this is the same guy who was rude, huum never wants it sounds odd, o yeah and you can apologize over email but not while I'm on the phone with you, you sound like a phony. Well he closed it the best "I hope you decide to buy from us in the
future. We do appreciate your business"
Seems very unlikly I will!!!! I hope these guys never mess with you like this.
Old Wed Jan 24, 2007, 09:55pm
Official Forum Member

I ordered some pants from Plus Pos by phone. While I was on the phone, I was told they were in stock and would be shipped that day.

A week later, no pants.

I called Plus Pos and was told that a mistake had been made, but that they were shipped "yesterday."

A week later, no pants.

I called Plus Pos and was told they were not in stock and were not in stock when I first ordered them. I was told that they were on back order and I should have them in three to four weeks.

It was obvious that somewhere along the line I had been lied to, at least twice.

I declined their offer and asked them to cancel my order and credit my card.

I called Honigs. The pants were delivered three days later.

I will never purchase anything from Plus Pos again. Mistakes are one thing. Lying is another.
Old Thu Jan 25, 2007, 01:13am
Official Forum Member

Quote:
NOT SO.
Well I finnaly got the jacket late today. This of course is after some more terrible customer service.First, they called me 3 days ago saying they had the wrong zip code, and tried to tell me that it was my fault, well I already recived one package from them so I don't think that was my fault. When I asked to speak to the manager of the Texas store he rudly told me there was nothing more he could do I would just have to wait. I then asked for the email adress of the man incharge of all of the stores. Well guess what 2 days went by and no reply of my email. So i called the Ohio store and asked for the manager of all places and he happened to answer the phone, guess what the guy in Texas gave me his email adress no wounder why I did not get a reply. Well again all the guy in Ohio said was well it was comming. I then got an email later today about 2 hours after Talking to the guy in Ohio from the guy in Texas, and well he blamed everything on the weather. Funny how he never mentioned the weather when I first talked to him, if he would have just said it upfront I would have understood more, but now it appears he is lying. Best of all he closed his email very appropriatly by saying "I apologize if you felt we were rude to you on the
phone. I never want that" Well this is the same guy who was rude, huum never wants it sounds odd, o yeah and you can apologize over email but not while I'm on the phone with you, you sound like a phony. Well he closed it the best "I hope you decide to buy from us in the
Does anyone understand fonnzy speak?

Let me get this straight.

You placed an order/received shipment: ON TIME AS PROMISED.
One item not available so ordered from another POS distributer: NORMAL
Backorder item shipped 1 day after receipt of other items: NICE TURNAROUND
Backorder Item recieved 3 day later: TOTAL TIME ELAPSED = 7days.

So what is the big problem? or more appropriately...Welcome to the real world.

No distributer wants to have backorders or be out of stock for an item but that they sometimes are is a reality.

You fail to give some specifics so let me surmise if you please.

You called the OHIO number for POS because you live in Missouri and that state is not listed as having its own Nationwide distributer. The Ohio store ships what they have in stock and to expidite your order they call their Texas distributer to send you the CCA Jacket. Due to storms that went through Texas ( sorry the OHIO guy wasn't up on the weather in Texas) this past week shipping was delayed a few days but you still received your complete order within a week. Remember the same amount of time you were on hold = the amount of time they put forth in great customer service to not only locate your order but give you an accurate accounting of what they were doing to get you the item ASAP. Sounds like great customer service to me.

But, why so upset you did not get your CCA Jacket right away? Please tell us what you needed it for? Impress your high school buddies by wearing a college jacket?

I can not believe for one bit you need a college jacket at 18 years old. I spent 25 years evaluating officials in Mid American Conference and did scouting work for several D1 Supervisors of officials of prospective officials. NONE were 18 years old. I have also taught officiating classes and while some have advanced to the college level NONE did so at 18 years old.

Could you be some great young officiating prodigy? Maybe. But my gut tells me that if your youthful impatience concerning the realities of the mail order business that relies on delivery services to expidite their wares, which in turn are affected by weather conditions that causes you to complain so vocifeously when you do not get the item NOW, is probably also evident on the court as well. If so you are not ready for JV High School games let alone a college game.

You complain of rudeness by those you spoke to but I surmise from the impatience I feel you exhibited was also evident to the person you talked to on the phone. (By the way, Joe DeRosa, the person you were told to contact at the Barberton Ohio store is an NBA ref. How would you feel if he called your State Office and local supervisors and ripped your attitude and told them you were not fit to officiate. You might not get another game).

Grow up. Learn patience, as it is a virtue. Accept the realities that life throws you and be quick to learn and slow to speak.
Old Thu Jan 25, 2007, 08:35am
Courageous When Prudent

Quote:
NOT SO.
Fonzzy, off-topic post here. Do not get in the bad habit of writing correspondence as if you were texting one of your friends. You're young and will be attending college soon and/or entering the work force. Stay in the habit of using proper grammar, punctuation, and spelling. It'll make what you are writing more inviting to the intended audience and you will more likely get your point across. And writing properly only adds no more than an extra 50-60 seconds (if that much) to the task of writing.

Sorry about this rant but it's a pet peeve of mine. You should see me fuss at my 14 year-old when I see some the stuff he writes.