The Official Forum  

Go Back   The Official Forum > Basketball
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old Wed Jan 17, 2007, 07:45am
Huck Finn

Quote:
Originally Posted by Corndog89
Have you been in Vegas recently? I ask because I'm pretty sure I'm moving there before next b-ball season. I recall reading in Referee Magazine a couple years ago that there was a HUUUUGE shortage of officials in Vegas because it has grown soooo big, soooo fast. I wonder how many newer, minimally qualified varsity officials are there, and if that may contribute to the quality of play?
I can tell you this, I go to Vegas for a tournament and I tried to get some quality officials and I struggled. I asked all the guys I know if there was anyone new who they thought could do a good job at the tournament and they came up with zero! I'm doing the same thing this year and I haven't heard of any guys who are really good and new. Maybe my standards are too high, but if the guy in charge gives me a gym and I fly home (I will be there in about two years) a warm body just will not do.
Old Wed Jan 17, 2007, 09:54am
Huck Finn

Hey, that Durant kid is pretty good!
Old Wed Jan 17, 2007, 10:48am
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by JRutledge
Kevin Garnett
All right, i was wrong about Durant, but Kevin Garnett is not from Illinois. He played his senior year at Farragut Career Academy, but the rest of his life he was in South Carolina. In fact, he was Mr. Basketball in South Carolina his junior year.

BTW, Michael Jordan was born in Brooklyn, but I'm not going to claim him for New York.
Old Wed Jan 17, 2007, 11:13am
Do not give a damn!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimgolf
All right, i was wrong about Durant, but Kevin Garnett is not from Illinois. He played his senior year at Farragut Career Academy, but the rest of his life he was in South Carolina. In fact, he was Mr. Basketball in South Carolina his junior year.

BTW, Michael Jordan was born in Brooklyn, but I'm not going to claim him for New York.
I did not say where he was from. I only care that he played his senior season in one of the toughest leagues before he went to the NBA. He solidified his ability by playing in Chicago. He could have stayed in South Carolina but he did not. I was not born in Illinois, should I say I did not officiate in Illinois?

Peace