The Official Forum  

Go Back   The Official Forum > Basketball

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old Tue Feb 01, 2005, 02:50pm
Official Forum Member

HS Basketball Rule Interpretation.... A1 throws for goal in the lane under his own basket. The ball does not touch the rim, backboard, or any opponent or teammate. A1 catches the air ball while still being on the ground with both feet. A1 tries for goal again. Is this travelling by National Federation of High School Rules???
Old Tue Feb 01, 2005, 02:53pm
Keeper of the HAMMER

No. If it is judged a shot attempt by the officials, it is not traveling as the shot resets everything. Only in the NBA is this traveling.
Old Tue Feb 01, 2005, 02:55pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally posted by Tony Parker
HS Basketball Rule Interpretation.... A1 throws for goal in the lane under his own basket. The ball does not touch the rim, backboard, or any opponent or teammate. A1 catches the air ball while still being on the ground with both feet. A1 tries for goal again. Is this travelling by National Federation of High School Rules???
Not traveling. Not even a violation if A1 were to move his/her feet. If the official feels that it's a try for goal, A1 can catch his/her own airball. Tony, please collect your $5.00 (or was that last year?).

Z
Old Tue Feb 01, 2005, 03:00pm
Official Forum Member

Comical

had girls varsity the other night... the girl was under her own basket and shot the ball all the way over, she caught it on the other side and shot it again all the way over and caught it before the defense got there and fouled her on her 3rd attempt...i almost couldn't blow my whistle because i was laughing because the bone heads actually fouled her after she missed everything twice....i would of just gotten on the other side and waited for the ball on the 3rd shot.... the crowd, coaches, janitors were all yelling at the top of their lungs...WALK WALK, TRAVEL TRAVEL, BOO BOO HISS HISS...I JUST SHOOK MY HEAD AND PROCEEDED TO REPORT MY FOUL!! I LOVE THIS JOB!!!
Old Tue Feb 01, 2005, 03:07pm
Official Forum Member

Send a message via AIM to brandan89 Send a message via Yahoo to brandan89
Re: Comical

Quote:
Originally posted by jritchie
had girls varsity the other night... the girl was under her own basket and shot the ball all the way over, she caught it on the other side and shot it again all the way over and caught it before the defense got there and fouled her on her 3rd attempt...i almost couldn't blow my whistle because i was laughing because the bone heads actually fouled her after she missed everything twice....i would of just gotten on the other side and waited for the ball on the 3rd shot.... the crowd, coaches, janitors were all yelling at the top of their lungs...WALK WALK, TRAVEL TRAVEL, BOO BOO HISS HISS...I JUST SHOOK MY HEAD AND PROCEEDED TO REPORT MY FOUL!! I LOVE THIS JOB!!!
Haha. Great story.
Old Tue Feb 01, 2005, 03:20pm
certified Hot Mom tester

Thumbs up

Tony - great game against the Sonics. BTW - your girlfriend is babe-a-licious.