The Official Forum  

Go Back   The Official Forum > Basketball

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old Wed Dec 20, 2006, 11:03pm
Official Forum Member

Connecticut Officials

In looking over the CIAC handbook looking at the rules for ejected coaches (in reference to the ejected JV coach coming back during the V game - NOT because I'm planning on ejecting anyone tomorrow!) I saw that CT has a definition of taunting (fairly standard) and requires that any player who taunts be ejected from the game for a flagrant/disqualifying foul (applies to all sports).

Has anyone in CT (or any other state) heard of this? I've never been told this by my assignors/interpreters in basketball or football. (Never called a T for taunting, but I did have a USC flag for taunting in a football game. We didn't eject the player)