The Official Forum  

Go Back   The Official Forum > Basketball
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old Wed Dec 13, 2006, 12:36pm
Administrator

"Deja vu all over again."

I just got home from work and I cannot find the thread about this play that we had a couple of years ago but here is the newspaper article in today's Battle Creek (Mich.) Enquirer of a game played last night and the game officials blew it: http://battlecreekenquirer.com/apps/.../PREPSSPORTS02

If anyone can find the thread I am to which I am referring, please post the URL. Thank you.

MTD, Sr.

Edit #1: The following is the URL for one related thread, but it is not the original one for which I am looking: Timer's mistake.
Ohio Assn. of Basketball Officials
International Assn. of Approved Bkb. Officials
Ohio High School Athletic Association
Toledo, Ohio

Last edited by Mark T. DeNucci, Sr.; Wed Dec 13, 2006 at 12:46pm.
Old Wed Dec 13, 2006, 12:56pm
Official Forum Member

That situation is always going to be ugly no matter which way the refs decide to go.

Hindsight being 20-20: Officials in that situation always need to take the time to go to the table and remind the timekeeper to start on the chop. We're used to pressure situations. Timekeepers usually aren't.
Old Wed Dec 13, 2006, 01:27pm
Official Forum Member

Sounds like a very good game that ended on a sour note. Hopefully this will be a learning experience for all in the forum so that we'll all remember how to correctly handle this situation (following the NFHS rules would be a good start....) if it occurs to us.
Old Wed Dec 13, 2006, 02:11pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark T. DeNucci, Sr.
I just got home from work and I cannot find the thread about this play that we had a couple of years ago but here is the newspaper article in today's Battle Creek (Mich.) Enquirer of a game played last night and the game officials blew it: http://battlecreekenquirer.com/apps/.../PREPSSPORTS02

If anyone can find the thread I am to which I am referring, please post the URL. Thank you.

MTD, Sr.

Edit #1: The following is the URL for one related thread, but it is not the original one for which I am looking: Timer's mistake.

There is a post in the thread you linked to stating the thread prior to that one was deleted.
Old Wed Dec 13, 2006, 03:18pm

...... Fortunately the refs brought the ball back to the point of the violation or whatever and we were able to pull it out."

This is proof that these guys really don't care if we get it right or not. If it means a ruling is good for them then they don't care whether it was right or wrong. He knows they got a huge advantage due to a mistake and he thinks it's fortunate.