The Official Forum  

Go Back   The Official Forum > Basketball
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old Thu Dec 07, 2006, 12:18am
M.A.S.H.

IUPUI/Illinois Game

Well on my night off I traveled up to watch the Illinois game. Saw some interesting things as I was watching the officials.

It appeared the referee missed several rotations. The C would kick up and become T and the T would come down to the C spot. Several times both froze and went back because the referee didn't rotate.

Also, one official felt the need to hit his whistle each time before he made the ball live. This about drove me up the freaking wall.

Other than that, not much of a game, but it was fun.

PS- M&M, what the heck is goin' on up there? I went to the Steak n' Shake after the game and told them I wanted my sandwich "loaded," and they had no idea what I was talking about.
Old Thu Dec 07, 2006, 08:23am
M.A.S.H.

I suppose I should also add that I got to see IUPUI's coach whacked by the referee.
Old Thu Dec 07, 2006, 09:09am
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by tjones1
I suppose I should also add that I got to see IUPUI's coach whacked by the referee.
I hope this was done in private
Old Thu Dec 07, 2006, 09:19am
Official Forum Member

First of all....(quoting from "Forrest Gump")...Are you crazy, or just plain stupid?

As if you don't get enough basketball, you have to go watch one? ::snicker::

But since you are a basketball junike, I guess you are allowed to be critical of the officials.

Old Thu Dec 07, 2006, 12:40pm
Official Forum Member

Talking

Quote:
Well on my night off I traveled up to watch the Illinois game. Saw some interesting things as I was watching the officials.

It appeared the referee missed several rotations. The C would kick up and become T and the T would come down to the C spot. Several times both froze and went back because the referee didn't rotate.

Also, one official felt the need to hit his whistle each time before he made the ball live. This about drove me up the freaking wall.

Other than that, not much of a game, but it was fun.

PS- M&M, what the heck is goin' on up there? I went to the Steak n' Shake after the game and told them I wanted my sandwich "loaded," and they had no idea what I was talking about.
That is some Southern Illinois slang that you tried using up here. Y'all talk funny anyway! How did you get tickets? And I'm shocked that you did not go to Hooters! That is where the players go after the game.
Old Thu Dec 07, 2006, 12:57pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Actually, I think it was an assitant that got whacked. (Right out there in front of everyone, no less. ) I did watch the game, and it was obvious the head coach turned around after that and gave the asst. a few choice words. Maybe even more than a few.

Now, as far as Steak 'N Shake, I know there have been people who show up there "loaded" rather than ask to get one "loaded", so maybe that's why the poor waitress was confused? (I mean, I know because people have told me... )

(Used with permission.)
Old Thu Dec 07, 2006, 01:45pm
M.A.S.H.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kenref1
That is some Southern Illinois slang that you tried using up here. Y'all talk funny anyway! How did you get tickets? And I'm shocked that you did not go to Hooters! That is where the players go after the game.
Got tickets through an alumni. There were several us that went up. I voted for Hooters, but I was out voted. Maybe next time...

Quote:
Originally Posted by M&M Guy
Actually, I think it was an assitant that got whacked. (Right out there in front of everyone, no less. ) I did watch the game, and it was obvious the head coach turned around after that and gave the asst. a few choice words. Maybe even more than a few.

Now, as far as Steak 'N Shake, I know there have been people who show up there "loaded" rather than ask to get one "loaded", so maybe that's why the poor waitress was confused? (I mean, I know because people have told me... )
Could have been. At the live look, it appeared after the official called the carry, then he quickly turned back toward their bench and tweet. Either way, it's good to see I'm not the only one giving them out.

Now, back to the post-game activities. Ken, I just assumed it was international hamburger (in this case, steakburger) lingo. Guess not!

Jim, wouldn't know what you're talking about , but, maybe if I told her to run it through the garden she would have understood. What ya think? Is the "run it through the garden" phrase reached up there yet?!
Old Thu Dec 07, 2006, 03:31pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Jim, wouldn't know what you're talking about , but, maybe if I told her to run it through the garden she would have understood. What ya think? Is the "run it through the garden" phrase reached up there yet?!
Is this what you wanted?

Old Thu Dec 07, 2006, 03:38pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
What ya think? Is the "run it through the garden" phrase reached up there yet?!
Yep, "Tiptoe Through the Tulips" has been around a long time.

(Used with permission.)
Old Thu Dec 07, 2006, 04:12pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Got tickets through an alumni.
Must have been one big alumnus.
Old Thu Dec 07, 2006, 06:01pm
M.A.S.H.

Quote:
Got tickets through an alumni.
In an attempt to draw Chuck out of the deep, deep woods. I stated the following sentence seen above. It was sooooooooo bad, Chuck PMed me. Mission complete!
Old Thu Dec 07, 2006, 06:13pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
In an attempt to draw Chuck out of the deep, deep woods. I stated the following sentence seen above. It was sooooooooo bad, Chuck PMed me. Mission complete!
Chuck who?

Isn't he a Yankee fan? It's been soooo long ago...

(Used with permission.)
Old Thu Dec 07, 2006, 06:17pm
In Memoriam

Quote:
Chuck is alive?

It's a miracle!

Have you got proof, Tanner? Pictures? Something like that? Just wanna make sure that this isn't one of those National Enquirer deals. You know....."Aliens spotted in Champaign, Illinois"....."Three-headed gremlins sighted in Houghton, MI........"Intelligent organisms found in Springfield, MASS. You can't be too careful with earth-shattering revelations like this!
Old Thu Dec 07, 2006, 10:33pm
M.A.S.H.

Quote:
Originally Posted by M&M Guy
Yep, "Tiptoe Through the Tulips" has been around a long time.

Is this Weird Al?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jurassic Referee
Chuck is alive?

It's a miracle!

Have you got proof, Tanner? Pictures? Something like that? Just wanna make sure that this isn't one of those National Enquirer deals. You know....."Aliens spotted in Champaign, Illinois"....."Three-headed gremlins sighted in Houghton, MI........"Intelligent organisms found in Springfield, MASS. You can't be too careful with earth-shattering revelations like this!
It's true, it's true!!! No, no National Enquirer type of story. I have proof. Although, there goes my Christmas present. The only thing I was going to ask Santa was a message from Chuck. Just maybe if I continue my deplorable grammar, we will have a continous stream from Chuck!

And for the record JR. No aliens spotted last night, I didn't get a chance to see Jim.
Old Fri Dec 08, 2006, 12:08pm
M.A.S.H.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jurassic Referee

Have you got proof, Tanner? Pictures? Something like that? Just wanna make sure that this isn't one of those National Enquirer deals.
Per your request. The proof we've all been waiting for......(drum roll please)....