The Official Forum  

Go Back   The Official Forum > Basketball

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old Wed Oct 25, 2006, 11:35pm
Official Forum Member

NFHS 2006 Part 1 TEST

WOW!! Haven't logged in in a couple of weeks, and all of the sudden when I do, I see that I've got 16 private messages. I start reading em, and they're all requests for the test.

Well folks, I don't have it yet this year, but if anyone does, answers or no answers, and wants to send it to me, I'd be happy to do the distribution again. Mainly just to piss off all of the "holier then thou" attitudes on this board.

Some of the comments that came with the requests about some of the "holier then thou" people were rather humorous. And quite frankly, some of you "holier hen thous" would probably be pretty surprised at some of your fellow requestors. But I ain't naming any names.

Again, if someone wants to send it to me, I'll be the distributor.
Old Thu Oct 26, 2006, 05:44am
Official Forum Member

Last time I checked officiating was based on some professionalism and ethical behavior. If anyone asked for the test or the answers before their given association actually sends it to them should look in the mirror and question why they officiate. I am not saying a better than you but since I didn't ask for the test or the answers I guess IMO and many others on this site I (we) am better than you!
Old Thu Oct 26, 2006, 06:03am
In Memoriam

At it again, eh BushRef? You know, there's really is a reason that you've been thrown off this forum four(4) times to date and also had to change your name the same four(4) times to resume posting. That reason is that you're a low-rent integrity-free azzhole with the morals of a snake.

Of course, I also realize that nothing that I say will ever change your thinking anyway, Bush. People like you never change. I see that you already posted on September 17 this year, begging somebody to send you the NFHS basketball exam. I also see that you posted on another forum on August 14 also, begging someone...anyone....to send you the NFHS Volleyball exam. I haven't checked out the Football forum yet, but if you're holding true to form, you've already begged for that exam too. Heaven's forbid that you actually study and write an exam. That's just way too hard, isn't it.

Start posting, all of you one-post-a-year-only cheating jerks just like our BushRef. Hurry up and get this year's exam before you have to write it. Don't forget to put on your request "I'm just doing this for study purpose only". Nobody will believe you, but, hey, if it'll make you feel better, go for it. It gives me something to do anyway after you post.

What exams do you have to write to get certified way up there in Alaska anyway, Busher? Oh, never mind answering. I'll e-mail the ASAA and ask them myself; maybe I'll link to some of your requests and comments on this forum also. You're still on the Kenai Peninsula, south of Anchorage, aren't you? I'll let you know what the ASAA's view of you is; it shouldn't be too hard for them to figure out who you are. I'm sure that the ASAA will agree that you're doing just a great job representing all Alaska sports officials.

Last edited by Jurassic Referee; Thu Oct 26, 2006 at 06:08am.
Old Thu Oct 26, 2006, 06:05am
In Memoriam

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoodwillRef
Last time I checked officiating was based on some professionalism and ethical behavior. If anyone asked for the test or the answers before their given association actually sends it to them should look in the mirror and question why they officiate. I am not saying a better than you but since I didn't ask for the test or the answers I guess IMO and many others on this site I (we) am better than you!
You're better than him, GoodWill.

Believe me, you're better than him.
Old Thu Oct 26, 2006, 06:23am
Huck Finn

I have to ask, what does it mean to "write" a test?
Old Thu Oct 26, 2006, 06:51am
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by tomegun
I have to ask, what does it mean to "write" a test?
It's a synonym for "take a test".
Old Thu Oct 26, 2006, 11:39am
Do not give a damn!!

Quote:
Last time I checked officiating was based on some professionalism and ethical behavior.
It is unprofessional for someone to give out a test that they are going to see in a matter of days?

Quote:
If anyone asked for the test or the answers before their given association actually sends it to them should look in the mirror and question why they officiate.
If someone is asking for the test where I live, it is likely they did not get their copy in the mail yet. Since our officiating packets are sent out by 3rd class mail (which means the mail carrier can deliver the mail anytime they get ready), there are many times when people go weeks without receiving them. It is a common practice for us to hand out the test to those who have not received them in the mail. We have until November 20 to complete the test. And if someone really wanted to, they can also take the test online before they get the rulebooks. It just would help if someone had the current rulebooks so they can look up yearly changes.

Quote:
I am not saying a better than you but since I didn't ask for the test or the answers I guess IMO and many others on this site I (we) am better than you!
You just need to get the stick out of your *** and stop thinking that the standards you live with for taking the test are not the same standards the rest of us are under.

Peace
Old Thu Oct 26, 2006, 11:52am
In Memoriam

Quote:
Originally Posted by JRutledge

You just need to get the stick out of your *** and stop thinking that the standards you live with for taking the test are not the same standards the rest of us are under.
What do you mean "the rest of us"?

I'm one of the "rest of us" and I certainly disagree with you.

Aren't you really saying that your standards are different than other posters?
Old Thu Oct 26, 2006, 11:58am
Official Forum Member

Quote:
It is unprofessional for someone to give out a test that they are going to see in a matter of days?

If someone is asking for the test where I live, it is likely they did not get their copy in the mail yet. Since our officiating packets are sent out by 3rd class mail (which means the mail carrier can deliver the mail anytime they get ready), there are many times when people go weeks without receiving them. It is a common practice for us to hand out the test to those who have not received them in the mail. We have until November 20 to complete the test. And if someone really wanted to, they can also take the test online before they get the rulebooks. It just would help if someone had the current rulebooks so they can look up yearly changes.

Peace
Professional, Ethical, and High Standards...if you are going to criticize me for the having all of these go right ahead. I can sleep at night just fine.
Old Thu Oct 26, 2006, 12:07pm
Do not give a damn!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jurassic Referee
What do you mean "the rest of us"?

I'm one of the "rest of us" and I certainly disagree with you.

Aren't you really saying that your standards are different than other posters?
Maybe the term the "rest of us" was a bad usage of words. What I was talking about were everyone in my state and many others based on what I have read on this form. Many people do not even take the Part 1 exam for anything but for study reasons. The Part 2 Exam is used as their "qualification" test. So for someone to talk about "professionalism" and "ethics" when we all do not fall under the same standards of taking tests is a bit much.

I know this is not going to convince those who have a very closed mind of what these tests are. I am just tired of the generalizations that these tests are used the exact same way. I know not everyone has the same standards to get a drivers license (or any license issued by a state for that matter) not sure why people expect one test to be used the same across the country.

Peace
Old Thu Oct 26, 2006, 12:13pm
Do not give a damn!!

Quote:
Professional, Ethical, and High Standards...if you are going to criticize me for the having all of these go right ahead. I can sleep at night just fine.
I am accusing you of having "wrong standards." High standards are going to vary from one place to another. I bet if we talked about how you dress going to games those standards would vary greatly across the country.

Peace
Old Thu Oct 26, 2006, 12:21pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
I am accusing you of having "wrong standards." High standards are going to vary from one place to another. I bet if we talked about how you dress going to games those standards would vary greatly across the country.

Peace

You are probably right on that also, are you pressing your Nike sweatsuit for your next game?
Old Thu Oct 26, 2006, 12:40pm
Do not give a damn!!

Quote:
You are probably right on that also, are you pressing your Nike sweatsuit for your next game?
Actually I wear suits and very nice slacks (when working varsity night games). Most of the time I do not wear a tie, but I will wear polo style shirts with an association name on it or something related to officiating or basketball officiating on it. If I ever wear jeans (which is almost never), I do so when all my other pants are at the cleaners. I can tell you I am largely the best dressed official around. Now those were the standards I came up with and were taught, but I do not challenge anyone's professionalism because I do something different or have a different standard.

Peace
Old Thu Oct 26, 2006, 12:41pm
Official Forum Member

You know...Part I for us is open book and we have 3 weeks between the time we are given the questions and answer sheet to the day we have to turn in the answer sheet. Or we can take it on line on the state association web site...where your progress can be saved and you can take as longs as 6 weeks to answer the 50 questions.

For lots of officials, they take it in a group and discuss each question. All 90% of my chapter is worried about is a getting at least a 70 so they are eligible for playoffs. Part 2 is never used. The only "certification" you need beyond that of a 1st year official to get varsity or playoff games is the confidence of the assignment secretary that you wont step on the floor and ruin the game.

Given all the above...the vast majority feel sharing the answers is no big deal.

I've already submitted my test online. Last year it took a couple of weeks to get the grade. Therefore I would like to have the answers so I can grade my own...I'm not known as being someone who likes to wait . Can I wait for the online grade...Yep...Do I want to...NOPE.
Old Thu Oct 26, 2006, 12:51pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Actually I wear suits and very nice slacks (when working varsity night games). Most of the time I do not wear a tie, but I will wear polo style shirts with an association name on it or something related to officiating or basketball officiating on it. If I ever wear jeans (which is almost never), I do so when all my other pants are at the cleaners. I can tell you I am largely the best dressed official around. Now those were the standards I came up with and were taught, but I do not challenge anyone's professionalism because I do something different or have a different standard.

Peace
Thanks, I hope you knew the Nike Sweatsuit shot was not serious.