The Official Forum  

Go Back   The Official Forum > Basketball
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old Wed Sep 06, 2006, 09:35am
Courageous When Prudent

New Off-topic thread: America's real passion: NFL football

For all you stripes who think you know something about the NFL.

http://www.footballbunker.com

(If the above link is not 'clickable', simply copy and paste the link into your browser's address line.)
You must first register. Then you can join the group by going to the "Groups" page once you log on, and search for the following group:

group: Basketball Officials
password: forum
Old Mon Sep 25, 2006, 09:17am
Courageous When Prudent

Quote:
Originally Posted by JuraissicRef
Let's see....in Worlds Championships this year, the US is 0 for baseball, mens basketball, womens basketball, golf, soccer, lacrosse, hockey, tennis, rugger and quoits. Did I miss any sports?
Yes, the one sport the rest of the world combined will never match us in, Football. Football is America's sport and always will be.
Old Mon Sep 25, 2006, 01:26pm
M.A.S.H.

How 'bout them Bears!
Old Mon Sep 25, 2006, 03:23pm
Courageous When Prudent

Quote:
Originally Posted by tjones1
How 'bout them Bears!
I'm an Viking fan (Eagles also) so I have to give you props on your victory. But unless your running game steps up you guys are going to be in trouble when the weather starts turning chilly.

I'm impressed with the improvements Minnesota has made on defense and their commitment to the run (guess Childress wasn't calling the plays in Philly) but they need a consistent game-breaker at WR (IE: someone who doesn't drop passes).

I'm glad Philly now has a fully serviceable set of receivers, definitely better than anything they had pre-TO. They've had 3 different receivers gain 100yds in the 1st 3 games. And keeping Buckhalter healthy will keep Westbrook healthy and on-track for a Pro Bowl season. But the defense is still relying way too much on blitzes which leaves them susceptible to big plays in the passing game, especially with a lack of shutdown CB's. Also, the Iggles need to develop a killer instinct. They should have pounded the G-men in the 1st three quarters the same way Seattle did and they should have put up 50 on the 49'ers. One more tune up (the Packers) then meat of the schedule starts for them.

Last edited by Raymond; Tue Sep 26, 2006 at 06:56am.
Old Mon Sep 25, 2006, 08:39pm
Aleve Titles to Others

Send a message via AIM to 26 Year Gap
Quote:
Originally Posted by BadNewsRef
I'm an Viking fan (Eagles also) so I have to give you props on your victory. But unless your running game steps up you guys are going to be in trouble when the weather starts turning chilly.

I'm impressed with the improvements Minnesota has made on defense and their commitment to the run (guess Childress wasn't calling the plays in Philly) but they need a consistent game-breaker at WR (IE: someone who doesn't drop passes).

I'm glad Philly now has a fully serviceable set of receivers, definitely better than anything they had pre-TO. They've had 3 different receivers gain 100yds in the 1st 3 games. And keeping Buckhalter healthy will keep Westbrook healthy and on-track for a Pro Bowl season. But the defense is still relying way too much on blitzes which leaves them susceptible to big plays in the passing game, especially with a lack of shutdown CB's. Also, the Iggles need to develope a killer instinct. They should have pounded the G-men in the 1st three quarters the same way Seattle did and they should have put up 50 on the 49'ers. One more tune (the Packers) and the meat of the schedule starts for them.
That blown game against NYG could prove costly. They could be up 3 on them at this point and no doubt should be. They need to learn to step on the throat in that situation and not reach for their own. [I am also an Eagles fan as well as NYJ. I like green, but not for referee shoes.]
Old Tue Sep 26, 2006, 08:02am
Official Forum Member

The Colts will be rolling in to NY to face the Jets this weekend...your team ready for that?
Old Tue Sep 26, 2006, 04:38pm
Aleve Titles to Others

Quote:
Originally Posted by euby
The Colts will be rolling in to NY to face the Jets this weekend...your team ready for that?
Are they bringing any RBs?
Old Tue Sep 26, 2006, 06:44pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Yes, the one sport the rest of the world combined will never match us in, Football. Football is America's sport and always will be.
Not so. Italy won the Football World Cup this summer.
Old Wed Sep 27, 2006, 09:04am
Official Forum Member

Quote:

Hummmm....not that basketball in this country has many particulary good examples now -- but if football is so special and Terrell Owens is considered one of the very best at being special, I won't blame the rest of the world for not caring too much about the sport.
Old Wed Sep 27, 2006, 09:06am
Official Forum Member

Send a message via AIM to ChuckElias
Quote:
Originally Posted by jmkbball
if football is so special and Terrell Owens is considered one of the very best at being special, I won't blame the rest of the world for not caring too much about the sport.
A Dallas paper is reporting that TO's "reaction" to the pain pills was caused by intentionally taking 45 of them at once.
Old Wed Sep 27, 2006, 09:07am
Official Forum Member

Send a message via AIM to ChuckElias
http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/200...ort/index.html

ESPN.com also has a story on its front page.
Old Wed Sep 27, 2006, 08:03pm
Aleve Titles to Others

The thing I like about TO is that he no longer is in Philly. A great combo with him in Dallas, my 32nd favorite team.
Old Wed Sep 27, 2006, 08:33pm
In Memoriam

Red face

I have just one word to say:
WhentheheckaretheLionsgonnabeback?
Old Wed Sep 27, 2006, 08:42pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mick
mick,
The Lions showed a good defensive front against the Seahawks...and look what the Seahawks did to the New York Football Giants' defense. (42-3 in the 3rd Qt.)

Seahawks should be tested Sunday night vs. Chicago (Nationally televised)
NBC 5:15 PST

Even w/o MVP Shaun Alexander...the offense will be formidable with their new "Fantastic Four" wide receiver set that includes former Super Bowl MVP Deion Branch.
Richland, WA
Old Thu Sep 28, 2006, 07:25am
Courageous When Prudent

Quote:
Originally Posted by mick
Mick, when were the Lions ever here in the first place?