The Official Forum  

Go Back   The Official Forum > Basketball

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
  #1 (permalink)  
Old Mon Aug 07, 2006, 11:12pm
CLH CLH is offline
Official Forum Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 293
Send a message via AIM to CLH Send a message via Yahoo to CLH
Whacking a coach

I just thought this was a funny way to put it. I was at a camp few weeks ago, one of my partners techs a player, we get together so we're on same page like we're taught. I stayed tableside so he could get away from the coach, cuz he was acting stupid. A player standing says something like that's f'n stupid, I whack him.

My evaluator asks me about what happened, told him, he says ok I'm fine with that. But here's the impression you gave off. He stood up and gives my T sign, and says "I got that muther f#%$^&, did you see me, I got him!!!!" I almost couldn't stop laughing, but he was absolutey right, I did look like I wanted to give it.

CLH
Reply With Quote
  #2 (permalink)  
Old Mon Aug 07, 2006, 11:51pm
Official Forum Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: In a little pink house
Posts: 5,289
Send a message via AIM to Back In The Saddle Send a message via MSN to Back In The Saddle Send a message via Yahoo to Back In The Saddle
The biggest danger is that you'll break a finger or two giving a really excited T. Or even break a nail
__________________
"It is not enough to do your best; you must know what to do, and then do your best." - W. Edwards Deming
Reply With Quote
  #3 (permalink)  
Old Tue Aug 08, 2006, 12:22am
CLH CLH is offline
Official Forum Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 293
Send a message via AIM to CLH Send a message via Yahoo to CLH
Quote:
Originally Posted by Back In The Saddle
The biggest danger is that you'll break a finger or two giving a really excited T. Or even break a nail

I'd have to leave the game, can't stand not lookin perfect.
Reply With Quote
  #4 (permalink)  
Old Tue Aug 08, 2006, 05:48am
In Memoriam
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Location: Hell
Posts: 20,221
Quote:
Originally Posted by CLH
I was at a camp few weeks ago, one of my partners techs a player, we get together so we're on same page like we're taught. I stayed tableside so he could get away from the coach, cuz he was acting stupid.
CLH
Maybe I'm missing something, but why was your partner running away from the coach that was "acting stupid"? I don't remember "acting stupid" being on the list of permissible coaching duties. Why would he let the coach get away with that without taking care of the situation? And if you took the spot by the bench, why would you not do anything about the coach "acting stupid" either?
Reply With Quote
  #5 (permalink)  
Old Tue Aug 08, 2006, 10:15am
CLH CLH is offline
Official Forum Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 293
Send a message via AIM to CLH Send a message via Yahoo to CLH
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jurassic Referee
Maybe I'm missing something, but why was your partner running away from the coach that was "acting stupid"? I don't remember "acting stupid" being on the list of permissible coaching duties. Why would he let the coach get away with that without taking care of the situation? And if you took the spot by the bench, why would you not do anything about the coach "acting stupid" either?
Good question, let me reword it, I won't say "acting stupid", he was just one of those whiny coaches, didn't need a technical, and BELIEVE me I'd give it. I had already whacked one earlier that day. This was one of those situations where getting away from him would manage the game a little better. I was talking with the coach, telling him this player has been a problem whole game. That's when the other player on the bench did what he did, so he didn't have much more to say after that one.
Reply With Quote
  #6 (permalink)  
Old Tue Aug 08, 2006, 07:41pm
Aleve Titles to Others
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: East Westchester of the Southern Conference
Posts: 5,386
Send a message via AIM to 26 Year Gap
Quote:
Originally Posted by CLH
Good question, let me reword it, I won't say "acting stupid", he was just one of those whiny coaches, didn't need a technical, and BELIEVE me I'd give it. I had already whacked one earlier that day. This was one of those situations where getting away from him would manage the game a little better. I was talking with the coach, telling him this player has been a problem whole game. That's when the other player on the bench did what he did, so he didn't have much more to say after that one.
If he was a problem the whole game, then maybe it could have been addressed earlier in the game.
__________________
Never hit a piņata if you see hornets flying out of it.
Reply With Quote
  #7 (permalink)  
Old Tue Aug 08, 2006, 10:08pm
CLH CLH is offline
Official Forum Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 293
Send a message via AIM to CLH Send a message via Yahoo to CLH
Quote:
Originally Posted by 26 Year Gap
If he was a problem the whole game, then maybe it could have been addressed earlier in the game.

It was he had been talked to, obviously wouldn't listen, thus his technical. We weren't ignoring him man, we had tried to calm him down keep him in the game, told his captain, followed everything. This was during the second period. It was addressed.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Coach asking you for help? FUBLUE Softball 41 Sun Dec 18, 2005 05:56pm
Do you have that one coach? WinterWillie Softball 10 Tue May 11, 2004 06:23pm
The Coach WinterWillie Softball 7 Thu May 06, 2004 11:03am
The best coach ever ref18 Basketball 5 Mon Apr 05, 2004 05:59pm
New coach JCoach31 Basketball 12 Thu Jan 31, 2002 08:57pm


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:08pm.



Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.3.0 RC1