The Official Forum  

Go Back   The Official Forum > Basketball

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old Mon Aug 07, 2006, 11:12pm
Official Forum Member

Send a message via AIM to CLH Send a message via Yahoo to CLH
Whacking a coach

I just thought this was a funny way to put it. I was at a camp few weeks ago, one of my partners techs a player, we get together so we're on same page like we're taught. I stayed tableside so he could get away from the coach, cuz he was acting stupid. A player standing says something like that's f'n stupid, I whack him.

My evaluator asks me about what happened, told him, he says ok I'm fine with that. But here's the impression you gave off. He stood up and gives my T sign, and says "I got that muther f#%$^&, did you see me, I got him!!!!" I almost couldn't stop laughing, but he was absolutey right, I did look like I wanted to give it.

CLH
Old Mon Aug 07, 2006, 11:51pm
Official Forum Member

The biggest danger is that you'll break a finger or two giving a really excited T. Or even break a nail
Old Tue Aug 08, 2006, 12:22am
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Back In The Saddle
The biggest danger is that you'll break a finger or two giving a really excited T. Or even break a nail

I'd have to leave the game, can't stand not lookin perfect.
Old Tue Aug 08, 2006, 05:48am
In Memoriam

Quote:
Originally Posted by CLH
I was at a camp few weeks ago, one of my partners techs a player, we get together so we're on same page like we're taught. I stayed tableside so he could get away from the coach, cuz he was acting stupid.
CLH
Maybe I'm missing something, but why was your partner running away from the coach that was "acting stupid"? I don't remember "acting stupid" being on the list of permissible coaching duties. Why would he let the coach get away with that without taking care of the situation? And if you took the spot by the bench, why would you not do anything about the coach "acting stupid" either?
Old Tue Aug 08, 2006, 10:15am
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jurassic Referee
Maybe I'm missing something, but why was your partner running away from the coach that was "acting stupid"? I don't remember "acting stupid" being on the list of permissible coaching duties. Why would he let the coach get away with that without taking care of the situation? And if you took the spot by the bench, why would you not do anything about the coach "acting stupid" either?
Good question, let me reword it, I won't say "acting stupid", he was just one of those whiny coaches, didn't need a technical, and BELIEVE me I'd give it. I had already whacked one earlier that day. This was one of those situations where getting away from him would manage the game a little better. I was talking with the coach, telling him this player has been a problem whole game. That's when the other player on the bench did what he did, so he didn't have much more to say after that one.
Old Tue Aug 08, 2006, 07:41pm
Aleve Titles to Others

Send a message via AIM to 26 Year Gap
Quote:
Originally Posted by CLH
Good question, let me reword it, I won't say "acting stupid", he was just one of those whiny coaches, didn't need a technical, and BELIEVE me I'd give it. I had already whacked one earlier that day. This was one of those situations where getting away from him would manage the game a little better. I was talking with the coach, telling him this player has been a problem whole game. That's when the other player on the bench did what he did, so he didn't have much more to say after that one.
If he was a problem the whole game, then maybe it could have been addressed earlier in the game.
Old Tue Aug 08, 2006, 10:08pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by 26 Year Gap
If he was a problem the whole game, then maybe it could have been addressed earlier in the game.

It was he had been talked to, obviously wouldn't listen, thus his technical. We weren't ignoring him man, we had tried to calm him down keep him in the game, told his captain, followed everything. This was during the second period. It was addressed.