Go Back   The Official Forum > Basketball
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old Fri May 19, 2006, 02:24pm
Courageous When Prudent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texas Aggie
Ask them to select the color of the cover page of the rule book for that year. Even if this selection were to mean absolutely nothing (i.e., ANY selection would go through), some may just say,, "screw it" and not register.
That question alone would spark an 100-post thread in this forum. Arguing whether different shades of a color actually make it a whole new color.
Old Fri May 19, 2006, 02:26pm
Official Forum Member

Send a message via AIM to Dan_ref
Quote:
Originally Posted by BadNewsRef
That question alone would spark an 100-post thread in this forum. Arguing whether different shades of a color actually make it a whole new color.
Sure, but before we discuss the color...which rule book?

Old Sat May 20, 2006, 01:34am
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by REFVA
I hate to sound ingnorant, but what do you mean by the comment?
Ignore him. He has a history of telling everyone how they should be doing things and how things should be. Then when someone present the correct interpretation or makes a valid counter point or altnernate, he trys to divert your attention from the facts with claims like "you might get away with that there but around here..." or "you'll never move up doing that". Never mind that he's said that to guys who work very impressive schedules.

If that fails, he'll turn it into a socio-economic or racial issue or claim that someone would be offended if you said ---pick any random word--- and you couldn't possibly understand it because you're not him.
Old Sat May 20, 2006, 01:46am
Do not give a damn!!

Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by Camron Rust
Ignore him. He has a history of telling everyone how they should be doing things and how things should be. Then when someone present the correct interpretation or makes a valid counter point or altnernate, he trys to divert your attention from the facts with claims like "you might get away with that there but around here..." or "you'll never move up doing that". Never mind that he's said that to guys who work very impressive schedules.

If that fails, he'll turn it into a socio-economic or racial issue or claim that someone would be offended if you said and you couldn't possibly understand it because you're not him.
Thank you for proving my original point with your well said post. Who the hell is Cameron to me or anyone else here? (A nobody)

Peace
Old Sat May 20, 2006, 08:38am
In Memoriam

Quote:
Originally Posted by Camron Rust

If that fails, he'll turn it into a socio-economic or racial issue or claim that someone would be offended if you said ---pick any random word--- and you couldn't possibly understand it because you're not him.
Ah, Don Quixote Rust is still tilting at windmills.....

Of course, since you are using your real name, Camron, everything that you say has to be true.

But....Camron, you did leave out "Every D1 and pro official in my area agrees with everything that I post and they also do everything exactly the way that I do".
Old Sun May 21, 2006, 06:47am
Official Forum Member

Quote:
No one here has much credibility in their world of officiating.JRutledge

I hate to sound ingnorant, but what do you mean by the comment?
REFVA...I think JRut was saying that "no one here has much credibility in their (meaning his associates as THEIR...not any of us) world of officiating."

He could have said, "In my associates eyes, no one here has any credibility...because my associates simply have not seen anyone here work a game."

I don't think even JRut is silly enough to make a blanket statement that NO ONE on this board has any credibility in their area.

P.S. John Wayne didn't use his real name either.
Richland, WA

Last edited by RookieDude; Sun May 21, 2006 at 06:56am.
Old Sun May 21, 2006, 12:02pm
certified Hot Mom tester

Wink

Hey - I've worked some rec games with Camron and he does a great job. He is extremely well respected in his association.

My only criticism of him is that it's difficult sometimes to see everything when he's your partner because of the glare.
Old Sun May 21, 2006, 12:24pm
Do not give a damn!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by RookieDude
REFVA...I think JRut was saying that "no one here has much credibility in their (meaning his associates as THEIR...not any of us) world of officiating."

He could have said, "In my associates eyes, no one here has any credibility...because my associates simply have not seen anyone here work a game."

I don't think even JRut is silly enough to make a blanket statement that NO ONE on this board has any credibility in their area.
The reaction to my statements in this thread is the very reason I made the comments that I did in the first place. It is typical that someone reads something, blows it out of proportion and when all the smoke clears no one changes their mind or point of view. The bottom line outside of this board no one really gives a damn what any of us say and who we are. I feel that way because there is no Ed Hightower, Teddy Valentine, Higgins or Jim Burr that comes here to talk rules, philosophy or anything about officiating on this very board. Considering how many weekend warriors we have that come here and have talked badly about what guys at the NBA and NCAA D1 Tournament level because they do something different at the JH or HS level, I think all those conversations speak for themselves.

Peace
Old Sun May 21, 2006, 07:02pm
Official Forum Member

Don't take this the wrong way, Rut, but this is intriguing:

If no one here has any credibility, and no one here does anything the way you would, why do you even come here?
Old Sun May 21, 2006, 07:09pm
Do not give a damn!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by HJ25
Don't take this the wrong way, Rut, but this is intriguing:

If no one here has any credibility, and no one here does anything the way you would, why do you even come here?
Entertainment purposes. Does there have to be some other reason?

Peace
Old Sun May 21, 2006, 07:10pm
Official Forum Member

Fair enough.
Closed Thread