The Official Forum  

Go Back   The Official Forum > Basketball

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old Sat Apr 22, 2006, 01:39am
Official Forum Member

Assigning programs

What company out there has the best assigning software for assigning basketball officials? I know of Aribtar, which I have heard from those who use it that the server runs slow. Assign By Web is used in my college conference which the assignor prefers over Arbitar. Does anyone have any feedback on which from experience or talking to others is the best assigning software. I would like to hear the pros and cons of those programs.
Old Sat Apr 22, 2006, 03:29am
Official Forum Member

we are assigned using zebra-ware.com
I'm not assignor so I can't speak to that, but I do appreciate it as a tool from the official's perspective.
Old Sat Apr 22, 2006, 10:50am
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ohioref3
What company out there has the best assigning software for assigning basketball officials? I know of Aribtar, which I have heard from those who use it that the server runs slow. Assign By Web is used in my college conference which the assignor prefers over Arbitar. Does anyone have any feedback on which from experience or talking to others is the best assigning software. I would like to hear the pros and cons of those programs.
Our group uses Arbiter. No complaints. The only time I've noticed a little sluggishness is when they back up the databases after midnight. Our assignor loves it as do our officials.

Z
Old Sat Apr 22, 2006, 10:56am
Aleve Titles to Others

Send a message via AIM to 26 Year Gap
In northern Vermont, www.usofficals.com is used for varsity, two of three JV assignors and 2 of 3 Frosh assignors. It works very well as there is also a ratings component to it. The only complaint is that it only shows 2 weeks' worth of games in advance. But that is pretty minor.
Old Mon Apr 24, 2006, 12:04pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ohioref3
Ohio, I would be happy to show you around my offering: www.reftown.com. It is far more than an assigning program.