The Official Forum  

Go Back   The Official Forum > Basketball
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old Thu Mar 02, 2006, 11:57am
Official Forum Member

Send a message via AIM to NothernVA_Ump Send a message via Yahoo to NothernVA_Ump
Many Thanks.

Also, after the little half time talk with Mr. K. my young partner was visibly shaken. I told him not to worry about Mr. K. make your calls like you did the previous game. What's he going to do, not give you the $16 for the game. he told me then he was only getting $11. I said all the more reason not to worry about Mr. K.

JR: Thank you for your insite. I didn't know that I could call an automatic T for the assistant like that (most of the teams here in the house leagues are lucky to have one coach). I agree that Head Officials are suppose to train and teach. I also officiate another house leauge, where that head official is all about teaching the officials how to officate and for the kids to play.

Mr. K. knew better than to say a word to me after the game.
The football association just went to Arbitor. So, I know I won't have the displeasure of working with him this comming fall. I also, will not be officiating in his house leauge again.

I have put in a call to the big high school association that does basketball.

For all: I have been reading the posts on here for quite a long time. I feel that reading the rule question and the situations have helpped me improve a great deal. Thanks to all.
Old Fri Mar 03, 2006, 02:05pm
Official Forum Member

Not that it would have really done you any good, but if Mr. K was the scoorkeeper or timer for the game - he worked for you. You have the authority to remove them from that position if they are not perorming their job properly - which Mr. K was not.
It would have been great to eject him for being the idiot he was beeing.

[Edited by Rick82358 on Mar 3rd, 2006 at 04:11 PM]

Old Fri Mar 03, 2006, 03:34pm
Official Forum Member

I have to agree with Rick. Dump the jerk. If he wants to evaluate your officiating, he is doing it in an entirely incorrect manner. He has no say over a technical and a common foul in a game he is not working. What is his officiating experience? Is he someone who knows what he's talking about? From what he assigns, it doesn't sound as if it will make a huge difference in your career to not work for him. I'd never take another game from him and I wouldn't be shy about telling others your opinion of him if they ask (I wouldn't offer it up, but I wouldn't pull any punches if they asked).