The Official Forum  

Go Back   The Official Forum > Basketball
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old Fri Feb 24, 2006, 12:05am
Official Forum Member

Last night boy's playoff game as the lead, ball comes to me from across the paint. As player A begins to go up with a reverse layup ball is held by the player B. Player A looses the ball and it goes to the floor. Player A attempts to gather ball when my partner from trail call a held ball. I go to him and tell him that the ball had come loose and there was no held ball. I went to the arrow much to the chagrin of coach A as the arrow pointed to team B. They proceeded to hit a 3 just before the half because of this. My partner wanted to use P.O.I. rules but I felt because the ball was not in control at the time he blew the whistle I had to go to the arrow. Any ideas or comments would be appreciated.
Old Fri Feb 24, 2006, 01:40am
Keeper of the HAMMER

Why bother? AP either way.
Old Fri Feb 24, 2006, 09:22am
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally posted by CA BBall Ref
Last night boy's playoff game as the lead, ball comes to me from across the paint. As player A begins to go up with a reverse layup ball is held by the player B. Player A looses the ball and it goes to the floor. Player A attempts to gather ball when my partner from trail call a held ball. I go to him and tell him that the ball had come loose and there was no held ball. I went to the arrow much to the chagrin of coach A as the arrow pointed to team B. They proceeded to hit a 3 just before the half because of this. My partner wanted to use P.O.I. rules but I felt because the ball was not in control at the time he blew the whistle I had to go to the arrow. Any ideas or comments would be appreciated.
I'm a little confused by the situation, but I don't see where Team A lost TC. If it was an inadvertant whistle, then Team A should have had the ball for a throw-in.

Old Fri Feb 24, 2006, 11:51am
Official Forum Member

Send a message via AIM to ChuckElias
I agree with Bob. Inadvertant whistle goes to the POI, 4-36-1. Since there was team control (shot was never released), the POI is a throw-in for the team that had control, 4-36-2a.