The Official Forum  

Go Back   The Official Forum > Basketball
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old Wed Feb 15, 2006, 04:55pm
Official Forum Member

Last night, the last JV game of the season. Visiting team is making a comeback, home is up by 1 with just under 2 minutes, I am a lead. Visiting team turns it over mid court. A1 is going in for an easy bucket with B1 and B2 trailing...B1 gives him a two handed push in the back. Partner immediately signals an intentional foul. Seconds later I hear another whistle and my partner gives B1 a T (later found out B1 said "G.D. S of a B. Bull@@@@ call"). In the meantime, A1 is up and looking to get to B1. I get to them and keep them seperated, A2 helps get A1 away from the area and B2 pulls B1 toward their bench.

My partner then reports both fouls when I hear B1 say "F this cr@p" as he pulls his shirt over his head...so I give him his second T. I report the second T and inform the coach the player is DQ and start the clock. Horns sounds and I ask the coach for the sub, he yells "I'll get the dann sub when I am damn good and ready, understand?"...TWEET, whack. That got his attention and the sub enters.

Home team made all 8 shots, an easy bucket after the throw in, another layup after a quick steal. Wins by 15.

What a way to end the season.

Old Wed Feb 15, 2006, 05:05pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally posted by LarryS
Last night, the last JV game of the season. Visiting team is making a comeback, home is up by 1 with just under 2 minutes, I am a lead. Visiting team turns it over mid court. A1 is going in for an easy bucket with B1 and B2 trailing...B1 gives him a two handed push in the back. Partner immediately signals an intentional foul. Seconds later I hear another whistle and my partner gives B1 a T (later found out B1 said "G.D. S of a B. Bull@@@@ call"). In the meantime, A1 is up and looking to get to B1. I get to them and keep them seperated, A2 helps get A1 away from the area and B2 pulls B1 toward their bench.

My partner then reports both fouls when I hear B1 say "F this cr@p" as he pulls his shirt over his head...so I give him his second T. I report the second T and inform the coach the player is DQ and start the clock. Horns sounds and I ask the coach for the sub, he yells "I'll get the dann sub when I am damn good and ready, understand?"...TWEET, whack. That got his attention and the sub enters.

Home team made all 8 shots, an easy bucket after the throw in, another layup after a quick steal. Wins by 15.

What a way to end the season.

2 for the intentional

2 For the first player T

2 for the second player T

2 for the Coach T

Just curious which action you whacked the coach for? Failure to replace the player in 30 seconds? or his comments? And why not a second T on the coach and 2 more FTs?
Old Wed Feb 15, 2006, 05:18pm
In Memoriam

Thumbs up

Quote:
[B
My partner then reports both fouls when I hear B1 say "F this cr@p" as he pulls his shirt over his head...so I give him his second T.
[/B]
Hell, he was lucky you didn't give him 2 "T"s- one for the profanity and one for removing the shirt.

Good job of maintaining contol out there. Larry.
Old Wed Feb 15, 2006, 05:19pm
Official Forum Member

I T'd the coach for his comment...I thought about also giving his a T for his failure to replace his player but passed. At that point I was just wanting the game to end before things really got bad (OK, worse).

Besides, now the chapter president is the only official in our chapter to toss a coach this year...let him bask in the glory alone

In case you're wondering, that was a joke.
Old Wed Feb 15, 2006, 05:26pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
I T'd the coach for his comment...I thought about also giving his a T for his failure to replace his player but passed. At that point I was just wanting the game to end before things really got bad (OK, worse).

Besides, now the chapter president is the only official in our chapter to toss a coach this year...let him bask in the glory alone

In case you're wondering, that was a joke.
Amen to that. Besides, usually too much paperwork to do when ya toss em.
Old Wed Feb 15, 2006, 05:30pm
Official Forum Member

good job

the sad part is that in these instances the refs come out as the villians -- with coaches, players, fans, admin, etc. -- but the problem i find with this is the same problem i found with coaching (which i am never going to do again) -- parents fight their kids battles to long, and no one wants to accept responsibility for their actions.

both of these lessons i taught my kids on my freshman team -- and both these lessons are what got me axed because the parents ulimatley were unhappy and didnt want to teach their kids these lessons. Sometimes basketball is about more than basketball...
Old Wed Feb 15, 2006, 05:49pm
Official Forum Member

Re: good job

Quote:
Originally posted by deecee
Sometimes basketball is about more than basketball...
Amen to that. It's the end of the season and I'm at about 40% basketball and 60% other. If I can keep the same core group for next year I'm hoping to at least reverse that.
Old Wed Feb 15, 2006, 07:19pm
Fav theme: Roundball Rock

Thumbs up

Excellent job!!! Way to stick to your guns!

I had an 8-foul shot (4 Ts) sitch 2 years ago:

Held ball near endline. I'm T near Team A bench. A1 and B1 are lying on the ground with the held ball call. A2 comes in, and in trying to get the ball, cusps his hand like he's collecting water, and lifts B1 up via B1's Adam's apple and neck! No word of a lie!

I have a T for that.

Team A Coach goes ape. Earns one. Comes onto the court to protest more... shower time. Leaving the court, yells an f-bomb. Third, 4 in total.

Had to write that one up pretty good.

Old Wed Feb 15, 2006, 07:30pm
Official Forum Member

Sounds like a fun game...

Never a dull moment in a game like that. 8 Ts in what, 30 seconds? Is that a record?
Old Thu Feb 16, 2006, 12:21am
Official Forum Member

I had a rec league game a couple years ago in which my partner and I gave 6 T's in the same sequence. The strangest part was delivering the ball for the first free throw and announcing "You have 12 shots". I had trouble keeping count.
Old Thu Feb 16, 2006, 12:23am
Official Forum Member

Sounds like "Forget Paris."
Old Thu Feb 16, 2006, 12:56am
Official Forum Member

Send a message via AIM to rainmaker
A game made the paper this year, where there was a bench clearing brawl that ended in a forfeit. If it hadn't, there would have been 32 technical foul shots. That part wasn't in the paper. I got it on the QT.
Old Thu Feb 16, 2006, 02:26am
Keeper of the HAMMER

Quote:
Originally posted by rainmaker
A game made the paper this year, where there was a bench clearing brawl that ended in a forfeit. If it hadn't, there would have been 32 technical foul shots. That part wasn't in the paper. I got it on the QT.
How? Don't Ts cancel each other out when it comes to free throws, or did one team get 16 more Ts than the other team?
Old Thu Feb 16, 2006, 09:08am
Official Forum Member

Send a message via AIM to ChuckElias
Quote:
Originally posted by mplagrow
Sounds like "Forget Paris."
Karim: You can't throw me out! This is my farewell game!

Billy: Well, then let me be the first to say. . . farewell!!!
Old Thu Feb 16, 2006, 09:28am
Official Forum Member

Sounds like you did a nice job. This is exactly the kind of game that is making me think about giving up my lower level schedule next season. There's too much of this crap that goes on.