The Official Forum  

Go Back   The Official Forum > Basketball
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old Fri Feb 10, 2006, 11:11am
Official Forum Member

Boys jv game last week. Closely played game, but B1 thinks he is the 3rd official. Here is the sitch, less than 1 minute remaining, I'm trail following A1 in backcourt. A1 gets trapped. B1 hammers A1, literally a closeline to the back. Tweet - Intentional. B1 screams "that was ridiculas." Tweet - Technical. I report both fouls. Scorer informs me that the Intentional was B1's 5th, and the T was his 6th. At the end of the game, my partner questions whether any additional actions should be taken against B1 since the his 6th was a T. I told him I was only aware of a player being penalized for the next game due to a Flagrant Foul. Can anyone point me in the right direction?
Old Fri Feb 10, 2006, 11:17am
Official Forum Member

No penalty for 6 fouls even if one is a technical.

Any type of ejection (flagrant, 2 technicals) results in a 1 game suspension (depending on your local state rules).

Old Fri Feb 10, 2006, 11:18am
Official Forum Member

Since the coach had not been informed that his player had fouled out, he is not yet bench personnel so this is not on the coach. With the lane cleared, shoot for the intentional and then shoot the T. A's ball at midcourt. Without the T it would have been 2 FT's with the lane cleared and A's ball at POI. Don't forget to write your report.
Old Fri Feb 10, 2006, 11:21am
M.A.S.H.

You are correct. This player is probably not going to sit out the next game, unless there is a State thing.

A flagrant or another technical would have that player sit out the next game in IL.
Old Fri Feb 10, 2006, 11:23am
M.A.S.H.

Chris,

Quick question. I'm just asking cause it's not the case in Illinois. Why would he need to fill out a report? There was no ejection. Just wondering...
Old Fri Feb 10, 2006, 11:26am
Official Forum Member

Send a message via AIM to AZ_REF
Quote:
Originally posted by ChrisSportsFan
Since the coach had not been informed that his player had fouled out, he is not yet bench personnel so this is not on the coach. With the lane cleared, shoot for the intentional and then shoot the T. A's ball at midcourt. Without the T it would have been 2 FT's with the lane cleared and A's ball at POI. Don't forget to write your report.
Not to be nitpicky but it's not A's ball at POI (well it is in this case but anyways) it's A's ball at the spot nearest the foul.
Old Fri Feb 10, 2006, 11:30am
Official Forum Member

Thanks guys, I was having a hard time tracking down anything in the Rule Book or the Case Book that would describe the situation.

Hope you have "mute crowds" and "All-American games" for the rest of the season!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old Fri Feb 10, 2006, 11:32am
Official Forum Member

Send a message via MSN to crazy voyager
in Fiba a 6th foul towards a player in an automatic bench T towards the coach. It's somewhere in the casebook, can't remember were (and I havn't got one to check in)
Old Fri Feb 10, 2006, 11:33am
Official Forum Member

No report for this game in Virginia either.
Old Fri Feb 10, 2006, 11:46am
Official Forum Member

The administration was as follows:
1. A1 shot 2 ft for intentional
2. A2 shot 2 ft for T
3. A3 got a spot throw-in at the division line.

Apparently there is some discrepancy on whether the throw in was correct. Feel free to point out if we screwed up.
Old Fri Feb 10, 2006, 11:50am
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally posted by AZ_REF
Quote:
Not to be nitpicky but it's not A's ball at POI (well it is in this case but anyways) it's A's ball at the spot nearest the foul.
Isn't that the same spot?
Old Fri Feb 10, 2006, 11:52am
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally posted by tjones1
Chris,

Quick question. I'm just asking cause it's not the case in Illinois. Why would he need to fill out a report? There was no ejection. Just wondering...
Sorry, I assumed everyone has to send a report to the state office for T's. My-bad
Old Fri Feb 10, 2006, 12:10pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally posted by FishinRef
No report for this game in Virginia either.
No state requirement in VA, but my association requires that we report all T's (players and coaches) the night of the game. If there are jections, they have to be reported that night because the commissioner has to contact the school within 24 hours. Believe some sort of written report also has to be provided.

[Edited by dblref on Feb 10th, 2006 at 12:13 PM]
Old Fri Feb 10, 2006, 01:51pm
Official Forum Member

Send a message via AIM to AZ_REF
Quote:
Quote:
Originally posted by AZ_REF
Quote:
Isn't that the same spot?
Well in this case it is. But if you had a way offball intentional foul it would be where the foul happened. For example A1 is dribbling in the backcourt when B1 grabs A2's jersey underneath A's basket. POI would be in backcourt, the sport closest to the foul would be on the baseline.
Old Fri Feb 10, 2006, 03:15pm
M.A.S.H.

Quote:
Quote:
Originally posted by tjones1
Chris,

Sorry, I assumed everyone has to send a report to the state office for T's. My-bad
No problem. Just wondering Chris, so in MO do have you submit a report if you issue a technical to a player? Thanks again.