Go Back   The Official Forum > Basketball
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old Fri Feb 10, 2006, 09:57am
Official Forum Member

Talking

Quote:
Originally posted by Junker
I wear full length running tights underneath, tuck everything in, and tie them up tight.
I think in your case, they are more like "jogging" tights, or "sauntering" tights.
Old Fri Feb 10, 2006, 10:01am
Official Forum Member

Trigger,
Footrace, you, me, now, go.
Old Fri Feb 10, 2006, 10:21am
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally posted by TriggerMN
Quote:
I wear full length running tights underneath, tuck everything in, and tie them up tight.
I think in your case, they are more like "jogging" tights, or "sauntering" tights.
I wear the same.
My run is kinda like two full strides, then a stumble, a limp and a skip. By that time, I'm almost in position.
Old Fri Feb 10, 2006, 10:21am
Official Forum Member

Trigger, that is pretty harsh for him........A word to better describe it would be more like loping or lumbering. Besides, I know Trigger can move.......I've witnessed him doing a Chuck Norrisesque somersault after being taking out at the knees by a 16 year old girl waiting to sub in, recovering, and still getting in position to see the play.......
Old Fri Feb 10, 2006, 11:46am
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally posted by paxsonref
Trigger, that is pretty harsh for him........A word to better describe it would be more like loping or lumbering. Besides, I know Trigger can move.......I've witnessed him doing a Chuck Norrisesque somersault after being taking out at the knees by a 16 year old girl waiting to sub in, recovering, and still getting in position to see the play.......
That might be the funniest post in history! My students are looking at me like I'm an idiot (nothing new) because I'm sitting at my desk laughing so hard I almost fell out of my chair.
Old Fri Feb 10, 2006, 12:00pm
Official Forum Member

Send a message via Yahoo to LouisianaDave
hey does that flex belt help keep pants up as well, ive lost a lil weight and my pants dont stay up like i want them too, and was wondering if the belt would work
Old Fri Feb 10, 2006, 12:05pm
Official Forum Member

Send a message via AIM to Dan_ref
Quote:
That has got to hurt.

Old Fri Feb 10, 2006, 01:01pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally posted by LouisianaDave
hey does that flex belt help keep pants up as well, ive lost a lil weight and my pants dont stay up like i want them too, and was wondering if the belt would work
It does work great for that too. It also is nice that you don't have to be tucking in your shirt and then getting on the players for the same thing.
Old Fri Feb 10, 2006, 01:30pm
Official Forum Member

Talking

Quote:
Originally posted by Dan_ref
Quote:
That has got to hurt.

I was meaning my shirts, not tuck everything in a disturbing "Silence of the Lambs" type move.
Old Fri Feb 10, 2006, 01:30pm
Official Forum Member

I

don't wear anything under my reffing slacks. I usually try to zip a small part of a black stripe of my shirt in my zipper. This keeps me pretty well tucked in front. the back is a problem though, especially when I bend over for the ball.
Old Fri Feb 10, 2006, 01:37pm
Official Forum Member

Re: I

Quote:
Originally posted by lmeadski
don't wear anything under my reffing slacks. I usually try to zip a small part of a black stripe of my shirt in my zipper. This keeps me pretty well tucked in front. the back is a problem though, especially when I bend over for the ball.
Going commando in a basketball game? Now that sounds like it would really, really hurt.
Old Fri Feb 10, 2006, 01:46pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally posted by TimTaylor
Quote:
Originally posted by tjones1
I tuck my shirt into my McDavid compression shorts. I haven't had a problem yet (knock on wood).
ditto.........
I do it this way as well. The Flexbelts break too easy.
Old Sun Feb 12, 2006, 02:47am
Official Forum Member

Ah, come on, there's nothing more attractive than a little ref crack showing. Keeps the game lively!

Seriously, you all wear compression pants/shirts under your ref pants?
Old Sun Feb 12, 2006, 03:32am
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally posted by mplagrow
tight pants and beer gut works too.
It's the guys with the beer gut that have their shirts popping out!

I'd like to think I'm in decent shape (6'0", 180lbs.) and I don't have any problems with my shirt coming out.

I did try the FlexBelt for a little while, but found it was more hassle than it was worth...I didn't notice my shirt stayed in any better than before than with my regular pants (beltless, of course).
Old Sun Feb 12, 2006, 08:35am
Official Forum Member

I see alot of guts wearing the belts, but I like to tuck my shirt into my compression shorts works for me. I've seen the suspenders before just looks uncomfortable IMO.