The Official Forum

The Official Forum (https://forum.officiating.com/)
-   Basketball (https://forum.officiating.com/basketball/)
-   -   Shirt Tucked (https://forum.officiating.com/basketball/24884-shirt-tucked.html)

Snake~eyes Thu Feb 09, 2006 09:49pm

How do you guys get your shirt tucked in and get it to stay in? Just curious if there are any better/other methods out there.

BktBallRef Thu Feb 09, 2006 10:00pm

Rubber flexbelt. Keeps shirt/slacks in place, so you aren't pulling a Steve Welmer all night.

mplagrow Thu Feb 09, 2006 10:18pm

tight pants and beer gut works too.

AZ_REF Thu Feb 09, 2006 10:21pm

I use reverse suspenders. They clip on to the bottom of your shirt and either go under your foot or clip to your socks.

refTN Thu Feb 09, 2006 10:37pm

I've seen them alot of ways, and the best I have seen is the reverse suspenders, but it seems a little uncomfortable, so I know alot of guys who tuck it into their compressions.

refnrev Thu Feb 09, 2006 10:41pm

Quote:

Originally posted by AZ_REF
I use reverse suspenders. They clip on to the bottom of your shirt and either go under your foot or clip to your socks.

That can't be comfortable. How tall are you? I'm 6'1" but I get the long shirts. No problems with them -- but I am one of the ungodly infidels who wears a belt.

Ref Daddy Thu Feb 09, 2006 10:42pm

Duct Tape?

tjones1 Thu Feb 09, 2006 10:43pm

I tuck my shirt into my McDavid compression shorts. I haven't had a problem yet (knock on wood).

blindzebra Fri Feb 10, 2006 01:02am

A shirt and pants that actually fit helps.

I used to wear the flex belt, but haven't in about 6 years, and I don't have a problem.

Most times where I see officials with this problem, they have a shirt that is not long enough, and they still think their pant size is 34 when it's 38, so they wear them around the top of their hips, instead of at their waist.

Jurassic Referee Fri Feb 10, 2006 01:42am

Quote:

Originally posted by Ref Daddy
Duct Tape?
Best idea yet.....LOL......

TimTaylor Fri Feb 10, 2006 01:50am

Quote:

Originally posted by tjones1
I tuck my shirt into my McDavid compression shorts. I haven't had a problem yet (knock on wood).
ditto.........

AZ_REF Fri Feb 10, 2006 08:48am

Quote:

Originally posted by refnrev
That can't be comfortable. How tall are you? I'm 6'1" but I get the long shirts. No problems with them -- but I am one of the ungodly infidels who wears a belt.
I'm 6' right on the nose, and I don't even notice them. I also wear full length compression pants so maybe that helps with them rubbing against my calf. But they're not bad at all.

BearBoy Fri Feb 10, 2006 09:28am

Quote:

Originally posted by Jurassic Referee
Quote:

Originally posted by Ref Daddy
Duct Tape?
Best idea yet.....LOL......

Sounds to me like this came right out of the "McGeyver" handbook!

http://ia.imdb.com/media/imdb/01/I/41/16/12m.jpg

tomegun Fri Feb 10, 2006 09:35am

Quote:

Originally posted by refnrev
Quote:

Originally posted by AZ_REF

These are widely used in the military. If you see someone in uniform and it looks like something is constantly pulling on their shirt, this is it (although they are actually called "reversed suspenders"). They sound worse than they are; once you get used to wearing them, you never notice. The kind that attach to your socks are probably easier to get used to but they can come loose from your socks and you will have to adjust them if you wear different lengths of socks. the kind you put your foot through are sure to stay on your foot, but they must still be secured to your shirt or you could have something flapping out the bottom of your pants! Oh, but I don't wear them for basketball, I tuck my shirt into my compression shorts and/or tights. For those who wear McDavid compression shorts: wouldn't you like to have some that have a string in them to tie? Maybe they have some that tie and I don't know about them.

Junker Fri Feb 10, 2006 09:39am

I wear full length running tights underneath, tuck everything in, and tie them up tight.