The Official Forum  

Go Back   The Official Forum > Basketball

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old Thu Jan 12, 2006, 10:39am
Official Forum Member

I would follow thru with the criminal charges. Then I would think about initiating a civil suit against the guy. Find an attorney and get some legal advice.

I believe that in most jurisdictions assault is considered an intentional tort and once you have even nominal damages then you may be entitled to punitive damages. That way you get him coming and going and it will send a clear message to other players as well.

Old Thu Jan 12, 2006, 11:05am
Esteemed Participant

Absolutely follow thru on the charges...my question: are these league games assigned by your association, or does this league handle that themselves? Reason I ask: if the games are assigned by your association, then you need to have a serious talk with the assignor and board members about what happened, and have them contact the league guy and let him know that he's in danger of losing his officials for not supporting you...if it's just the league guy handling it, it's time to tell him goodbye and let all your buddies know also...
Old Thu Jan 12, 2006, 11:37am
Official Forum Member

Absolutely file the charges. These idiots need to be made an example to keep all of us safe. Also, I thought Chris had some great advice about sitting down with the league director. I'd be interested to hear why he didn't want charges filed.