The Official Forum  

Go Back   The Official Forum > Basketball
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old Mon Jan 02, 2006, 03:23am
Do not give a damn!!

Juulie,

If it was me talking with the coach before the game, I would just simply say, "Coach, I do not care what happen in the other game, this is our crew today." Then walk away from the conversation.

If the coach is upset with your answer during the pre-game conversation than that is their problem. You cannot call a game based on what happen days before when you were not on the game.

Also if your partner did not feel the need to T the coach again, than that is up to him or her to do so. I would not worry about it. Obviously what was said to your partner did not rise to the level of concern that you have. That is always going to be the case anyway. I would not worry about that. Maybe they were not saying anything that was that bad, just trying to get them to buy into what they were complaining about.

Peace
Old Mon Jan 02, 2006, 01:15pm
Official Forum Member

Juulie,

I wasn't there, but...

Rather than running her in the pre-game, I think I would have said something along the lines of, "Coach, you just used your get out of jail free card." And I would have ended the meeting and walked away.

And you can bet your backside that the first time she approached the line, Ida whacked her.

As for your partner's comments, what a load of old codswallop. By not whacking her the second time (and it sounds like she gave him cause several times), he merely let her do whateverthehell she wanted. Then took undeserved credit for the fact that she finally pulled her head out and started coaching.

Or maybe the coach's little pre-game homer speech found its mark.