Go Back   The Official Forum > Basketball

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old Thu May 31, 2001, 07:35pm
certified Hot Mom tester

[QUOTE]Originally posted by Mark Padgett
Quote:
Originally posted by rainmaker
Battle ground!!

How did I miss that before? -- If it's who I think it is, I feel sorry for you -- But I know you won't hesitate to toss him so I'm not too worried...
Actually, Juulie, in the five years I've done the summer league that's coming up, I've only come close to tossing a coach once. He was a volunteer Dad who is a very popular newspaper columnist here in Portland. At the time, he wrote a sports column. Like some others, he thought he should be calling the game from his bench. I told him at least three times that we would call the game (I was doing the game with my son) and finally gave him a T. He started chipping again and I put up the stop sign. Finally, my son asked him how he would feel if he got thrown out and it made the paper. He shut up after that.

As for the Battleground coach, everyone starts each new game with a clean slate as far as I'm concerned. Coaches get a fresh chance to piss me off all over again each game.
Old Thu May 31, 2001, 07:38pm
In Memoriam

Lightbulb Platoon leader

Quote:
Originally posted by rainmaker
Battle ground!!

How did I miss that before? -- If it's who I think it is, I feel sorry for you -- But I know you won't hesitate to toss him so I'm not too worried...
Jewel,
After reading Padgett for a year and a half, I be feelin' bad for the coach. He better grow up or get a seatbelt.
mick
Old Fri Jun 01, 2001, 01:24am
Official Forum Member

Send a message via AIM to rainmaker
Quote:
Originally posted by Mark Padgett
As for the Battleground coach, everyone starts each new game with a clean slate as far as I'm concerned. Coaches get a fresh chance to piss me off all over again each game.
Yes, I'm sure you can pull this off. I admire the discipline you bring to this hobby. I hope I can learn a little of it someday.