Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old Tue Dec 06, 2005, 02:44pm
Official Forum Member

Send a message via AIM to ChuckElias
Quote:
Originally posted by JRutledge
Great, we have established that sex offenders strike more than once. Thank you that valuable information. It is not what we were talking about, but thank you all the same.
It's not? The potential for sex offenders to repeat their crimes against minors is not what were talking about? Why the heck else would we screen for this then? Morbid curiosity? Of course we're talking about the fact that sex offenders repeat their crimes. That is exactly the point of the discussion. Why else would the newspaper run a story about a sex offender officiating high school games? To praise him for rehabilitating himself?

I think I understand the point that you were trying to make as well. But to say that we were not discussing the potential for a sex offender to repeat his crimes simply ignores the whole basis of the thread.
Old Tue Dec 06, 2005, 03:16pm
Do not give a damn!!

Quote:
Originally posted by zebraman

Is that math from Chicago public schools? Wah.

Z
I would not know I did not attend a Chicago Public School. I guess that just goes to show how little you know about anything.

Peace
Old Tue Dec 06, 2005, 03:18pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Quote:
Originally posted by zebraman

Is that math from Chicago public schools? Wah.

Z
I would not know I did not attend a Chicago Public School. I guess that just goes to show how little you know about anything.

Peace
Good comeback Potsie.

Z
Old Tue Dec 06, 2005, 03:20pm
Official Forum Member

[ [/B][/QUOTE] Why the heck else would we screen for this then? Morbid curiosity?
[/B][/QUOTE]

Great line. I laughed out loud in the middle of the office.
Old Tue Dec 06, 2005, 03:27pm
Do not give a damn!!

Quote:
Originally posted by ChuckElias

It's not? The potential for sex offenders to repeat their crimes against minors is not what were talking about? Why the heck else would we screen for this then? Morbid curiosity? Of course we're talking about the fact that sex offenders repeat their crimes. That is exactly the point of the discussion. Why else would the newspaper run a story about a sex offender officiating high school games? To praise him for rehabilitating himself?

I think I understand the point that you were trying to make as well. But to say that we were not discussing the potential for a sex offender to repeat his crimes simply ignores the whole basis of the thread.
The problem is you are focused on one topic, I was commenting on another topic. If that is what you were talking about, do not project that on what I was saying. I never addressed the original topic but to only say that what kinds of background checks are done in my state. I made a throw away statement about hypocrisy and just as predicted a few of you bit on the comments. If that bothers you that I made my statement, I guess you will just have to be upset. I still was not referring to the story of the official caught that was a sex offender. You cannot make me refer to something because that is what you are concerned with.

Peace
Old Tue Dec 06, 2005, 03:35pm
Official Forum Member

Send a message via AIM to ChuckElias
Quote:
The problem is you are focused on one topic, I was commenting on another topic.
That's not a "problem", b/c as I stated in my post, I think I actually understand the point that you were making. Believe it or not, I'm intelligent enough to follow two lines of thought at once.

Quote:
If that is what you were talking about, do not project that on what I was saying.
But you were the one who was "projecting" by saying that we weren't talking about the offender's likelihood of repeating his crime; when in fact, that's exactly what we were talking about. Your point was a different topic. I got that. But you weren't correct in the comment that I quoted.
Old Tue Dec 06, 2005, 03:46pm
Do not give a damn!!

Quote:
Originally posted by ChuckElias
Quote:
The problem is you are focused on one topic, I was commenting on another topic.
That's not a "problem", b/c as I stated in my post, I think I actually understand the point that you were making. Believe it or not, I'm intelligent enough to follow two lines of thought at once.

Quote:
If that is what you were talking about, do not project that on what I was saying.
But you were the one who was "projecting" by saying that we weren't talking about the offender's likelihood of repeating his crime; when in fact, that's exactly what we were talking about. Your point was a different topic. I got that. But you weren't correct in the comment that I quoted.
Chuck, Chuck, Chuck. If anyone was responding to me, they could not be talking about the story that prompted this thread. I never addressed the issue with the official getting busted for being a sex offender. Show me the line where I said anything about that. I answered a question about background checks. That is what I was talking about. If you want to get into what was in the story that is your right to do so. That is not what I commented on or why I responded. So yes, I was correct because all my comments were about background checks, not the issues dealing with why this guy got caught. Not sure why that is so difficult to understand.

Peace
Old Tue Dec 06, 2005, 04:01pm
Official Forum Member

Wonder what the response would be if they were to institute a mandatory background check along with mandatory drug, and/or even random, testing?
Old Tue Dec 06, 2005, 04:13pm
Official Forum Member

If there was drug testing. For get about it... We would lose a lot of officials.
Old Tue Dec 06, 2005, 04:17pm
Do not give a damn!!

Quote:
Originally posted by ditttoo
Wonder what the response would be if they were to institute a mandatory background check along with mandatory drug, and/or even random, testing?
Do not go there. Remember this is about protecting the helpless children. You know the only thing children need protection from is some official that they will never know (and is not the typical violator of these children to begin with) and has been “convicted” of a very specific crime.

Peace
Old Tue Dec 06, 2005, 04:34pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Quote:
Originally posted by ditttoo
Do not go there. Remember this is about protecting the helpless children. You know the only thing children need protection from is some official that they will never know (and is not the typical violator of these children to begin with) and has been “convicted” of a very specific crime.

Peace
Actually what this was about and what you turned it in to, are two different things.
Old Tue Dec 06, 2005, 04:45pm
Official Forum Member

[QUOTE]Originally posted by JRutledge
[B]
Quote:
Originally posted by Ref-X
JRUTLEDGE
I guess the only thing we can concern ourselves with are people that hurt children in a sexual way or with drugs. I guess violent people and thieves are OK to have around our children.

Peace
I don't know of any state that only checks for certain felonies. Our state checks for ALL felonies. I am in the education business and all of our teachers require a background check in order to be licensed. I have seen the background checks that are done because we do them on our non-certified employees too. I know that all felonies are listed.

Closed Thread