The Official Forum  

Go Back   The Official Forum > Basketball
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old Thu May 10, 2001, 10:41pm
Official Forum Member

Send a message via ICQ to moose69
Ok get this. I'm the trail, my "weak"partner is the lead. Fast break, partner straightlined to some extent but can see the foul. Calls the foul, then to save time(running clock)simply asks the offending player what's your #??? I hear this player say 47(illegal uni's , not an issue..lol) And then i hear some teamates joke around and say"you should pick a new number each time". I then ask him "what did u just say your number was?" he says" uhhhh, 17!" i say to my partner "what did he just say his # was??" parnter says "47" i say WHACK !!!Technical foul
Then he comes over, gets in my face, i inform him that he has recvieved his 5th foul. then He sits down, and in this league, teams are required to supply a score keeper. He takes over at the table, and the next foul on his team he swears at me, then i asses his 2nd T and send him on his wayy, he says he ain't leaving. I tell him if he dosen't leave, I am... oyur choice

I would like to know how you guys would have hanlded the first tecnical involving the jersey.

Thanx, Tyler
Old Thu May 10, 2001, 11:44pm
Official Forum Member

Send a message via ICQ to BigDave
Rec leagues are full of problem children. That's no surprise. I think the preventative way to handle the number issue is to just simply look at the jersey. If you have to take a few steps to see it, take 'em. Asking the smart-asses for help is only gonna hurt.

As far as the "T", I was always taught to only give a "T" to help the game. By issuing one here, it obviously blew up into a bigger problem that only hurt the game in the long run.

Bottom-line...Throw it up, call the obvious and get it over with.

Old Fri May 11, 2001, 11:41am
Official Forum Member

I can only assume that this player has been a problem child all game. Technical foul usually is a cumulative reaction. What I mean by this......Something happens that by the letter of the law yes you could "T" somebody up for!(Profanity) said underbreath. You and the player were the only one's who heard it. By definition yes this is a "T" Profanity. Something else happens. Well Okay maybe We need to determine what a line in the sand is going to be.
Saying all this. maybe a T was or wasn't not warrarented. You were their, We were not.
I think the only thing I would have done different. You leave, or I leave and your team forfeits.

AK ref SE
Old Fri May 11, 2001, 02:01pm
Official Forum Member

Sounds like you were looking for a "T" in this case, and it snowballed from there. I didn't see this happen, but it sounds like the players were just joking around. laugh it off and move on.