The Official Forum  

Go Back   The Official Forum > Basketball

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old Sat Jan 08, 2000, 01:31am
Official Forum Member

On a throwin, A1 throws the ball but it is intercepted by B1 near the sidline. B1 is immediately covered up by team A players. A1, while still standing on the boundary line, reaches up and touches the ball in an effort to take it away. There is no foul nor held ball but A1 is just simply standing oob still while she touches the ball. Even though B1 had possession of the ball and A1 merely touchwed the ball, I called OOB on A1. Good or bad call? If bad, what should I have called if anything? Ralph.
Old Sat Jan 08, 2000, 03:19pm
Official Forum Member

Cool

I say great call. There is no other call but this. I see games where the Ref doesn't call this kind of thing on a in-bounds play, where A1 hands the ball to A2 when there is pressure. This is a violation.
Old Sat Jan 08, 2000, 04:00pm
Official Forum Member

Good call. The ball is out of bounds when it touches a player who is out of bounds. Period!
Old Sat Jan 08, 2000, 05:09pm
Official Forum Member

Send a message via ICQ to Alaska Ref
Wink

Ralph,
Good Call! First the rule's address's what happens when the ball touch's an OOB object, and an OOB player! There is a differance, when the ball touches and OOB object the violation is on the team that last had contact with the ball. When a player is OOB and touches an inbounds ball that player caused the ball to be OOB.(ie 2 players fighting for a loose ball)

------------------
Don