The Official Forum  

Go Back   The Official Forum > Basketball
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old Sun Sep 18, 2005, 02:28am
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally posted by mikeref
got the new ref shirt with the black side panel....saw 'em in the NCAA tournament last year. I think they look sharp!
I don't really agree but even if they were sharp, you'd want your partners to have the same shirts too.
Old Sun Sep 18, 2005, 07:41am
Official Forum Member

Nike shox come in all black???
Old Sun Sep 18, 2005, 10:23am
Official Forum Member

talked it over with my partners...we are all getting them.....good point though.....i always carry a minimum of two shirts with me(flag, no flag, mesh, poly,) I try to be ready for those times when you don't know what your partner has
Old Sun Sep 18, 2005, 10:59am
In Memoriam

Lightbulb

Quote:
Originally posted by mikeref
talked it over with my partners...we are all getting them.....good point though.....i always carry a minimum of two shirts with me(flag, no flag, mesh, poly,) I try to be ready for those times when you don't know what your partner has
I don't worry about that stuff (ie., patches, poly, panels) at all, except if my partner has V-neck, then I wear V-neck. If my partner wears byron collar, then I wear V-neck.
Old Sun Sep 18, 2005, 10:13pm
Official Forum Member

New Nike Air Monarch IIs. I've worn them for volleyball and they are soooo comfortable. I added an Odor Eater (for obvious reasons) and a Dr. Sholl's orthotic for a little extra support. Also, new pants. I've lost 28 pounds and the old ones were falling off. And a new belt to go with the pants! (Here we go on the belted / beltless thing!) I've also been using a Fox 40 Mini CMG for volleyball. I noticed that the new Mini CMGs are the same size as my old Classic CMG and is every bit as loud. The new Classic CMGs feel like you're putting a 2x4 in your mouth! Finally, gonna get a new pre-game jacket soon. The satin finish one from between the lines.
Old Sun Sep 18, 2005, 10:16pm
Official Forum Member

[QUOTE]Originally posted by ChuckElias
[B]Shoes, for me, too. Nike Air Monarch II's. I'm gonna try 'em as-is first, but I may also throw in an insert to try out.

Add 'em. You'll be glad you did. I was.
Old Sun Sep 18, 2005, 10:17pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally posted by tjones1
Quote:
Originally posted by mick
I picked up about 4 lbs.
I can relate! Working on getting back into shape though. I've got about a week (next Friday) until my first game.
__________________________________________________ _________

Tanner,
How the heck have you got a game in a week?
Old Mon Sep 19, 2005, 12:59am
M.A.S.H.

7th grade tourney to kick things off. It's a two day deal, starting on Friday and ending Saturday. Always a nice way to start things off and get on the court.
Old Mon Sep 19, 2005, 08:27am
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally posted by Junker
One thing I'm thinking about picking up is the rules and casebook on cd for the computer. Is it worth the money? Can I load it onto my palm pilot? Someone posted the website to order it, but I haven't done so yet. I'm especially interested in the baseball one as I'm newer to baseball and need some work (a couple of coaches might say alot of work) on the rules.
No, I don't have an ego and like quoting myself, I just wanted to check and see if anyone has used this. I though maybe my post got lost in the shuffle. Any info on this program would be greatly appreciated.
Old Mon Sep 19, 2005, 01:30pm
M.A.S.H.

Quote:
Originally posted by refnrev
Quote:
Originally posted by tjones1
Quote:
Originally posted by mick
I picked up about 4 lbs.
I can relate! Working on getting back into shape though. I've got about a week (next Friday) until my first game.
__________________________________________________ _________

Tanner,
How the heck have you got a game in a week?
When's your first game Bob?
Old Mon Sep 19, 2005, 05:27pm
Aleve Titles to Others

Send a message via AIM to 26 Year Gap
Quote:
Originally posted by Smitty
I'm looking forward to a new, smaller pair of pants after losing 25 pounds this summer as well. There's a lot of satisfaction in going down a size. That dolfin whistle is just fugly. I've learned when I see a pair of all black shoes I like, to buy 2 pairs of them. They don't last on the market long. So I still have a brand new pair of Nike Shox Elevate from last year ready for this season. I haven't seen any new all black Nike's that look as cool as the Elevate does. And I get to see pretty much what's coming out for the next year ahead...
One size down with 25 lbs less? I would go down more sizes than that if I lost 25 lbs.
Old Mon Sep 19, 2005, 06:34pm
In Memoriam

Quote:
Quote:
Originally posted by 26 Year Gap
Quote:
I'm looking forward to a new, smaller pair of pants after losing 25 pounds this summer as well. There's a lot of satisfaction in going down a size. That dolfin whistle is just fugly. I've learned when I see a pair of all black shoes I like, to buy 2 pairs of them. They don't last on the market long. So I still have a brand new pair of Nike Shox Elevate from last year ready for this season. I haven't seen any new all black Nike's that look as cool as the Elevate does. And I get to see pretty much what's coming out for the next year ahead...
One size down with 25 lbs less? I would go down more sizes than that if I lost 25 lbs.
I was squeezing into those 36's at my heaviest - I refused to buy *gasp* size 38 pants. So I was stretching the 36's to their breaking point. Now I'm wearing 34's comfortably - loosely even. I could probably squeeze into a 32 if I dropped 10 more...
Good job, Smitty.
Old Mon Sep 19, 2005, 08:42pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally posted by Dave Dow
Nike shox come in all black???
Yeah they came in all black. Even the Nike swoosh is black.
Old Tue Sep 20, 2005, 03:25pm
Official Forum Member

ARS Software

I've got last years version of the ARS software for Basketball. It requires the CD, so it won't run on your Palm Pilot.

It's nice to be able to do a search for the rules, but no especially useful without a PC handy (like in the locker room).

It does include the previous 5 Part I and II tests. I bought it to prepare for last years Part II and it was very helpful.
Old Tue Sep 20, 2005, 03:53pm
Official Forum Member

I'd love a palm pilot version, that'd be really cool.