The Official Forum  

Go Back   The Official Forum > Basketball

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old Sun Jun 19, 2005, 09:04pm
Official Forum Member

The jinx will be destroyed tonight as the Pistons win Game 5!
Old Sun Jun 19, 2005, 09:05pm
Official Forum Member

Talking

Hey, I'm the guy that starts the Finals threads around here!
Old Sun Jun 19, 2005, 09:26pm
Official Forum Member

Send a message via AIM to ChuckElias
What jinx are we talking about?
Old Sun Jun 19, 2005, 09:43pm
Official Forum Member

Well, since it can't be the officials doing, it has to be a jinx that has the Pistons unable to win with Garrettson on the floor.

Nice to see a closer game. Maybe a little intensity will show up in the second half of this one. At least the Spurs came to play tonight.
Old Sun Jun 19, 2005, 09:50pm
Official Forum Member

Chuck, correct me if I'm wrong but isn't this the same crew that worked Game 1? I don't think I've ever seen the NBA do that before.
Old Sun Jun 19, 2005, 11:24pm
Official Forum Member

Has there ever been a more clutch player than Horry, ever?

Detroit has no excuses, Hamilton committed two fouls and traveled on their last shot.
Old Sun Jun 19, 2005, 11:24pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally posted by BktBallRef
The jinx will be destroyed tonight as the Pistons win Game 5!
LOL Well doesn't look like it......damn officials.
Old Mon Jun 20, 2005, 06:17am
Official Forum Member

Sure seemed to be a lot of blocks called, in a series where there have been a lot of offensive charges.
Old Mon Jun 20, 2005, 06:34am
Official Forum Member

I really thought Horry had established his position on that block that was called when Billips drove the lane in the second half.

The thing about Horry, unlike John Sally who has also won multilple championships with multiple teams, is Horry has been such a key factor in all his teams winning. Why Rasheed left him on that last play is the question of the day?

How about Rasheed requesting that time out at the end of regulation, good thing the clock had expired.
Old Mon Jun 20, 2005, 07:34am
Official Forum Member

I looked at the Billups-Horry play several times. Originally, Horry's foot is on the arc but he shuffles the foot and is completely out of the arc when the contact occurs. A charge in my opinion as well, but it's not my call.

Wallace is taking a lot of heat this morning for leaving Horry, the player who has hit more threes than any other player in Finals history.
Old Mon Jun 20, 2005, 07:40am
Official Forum Member

Send a message via AIM to lukealex
Quote:
Originally posted by TigerBball
I really thought Horry had established his position on that block that was called when Billips drove the lane in the second half.

From the replay I saw, it looked like he might have had his feet on the circle, but it was hard to tell. I also thought that was going to be called offensive.
Quote:
The thing about Horry, unlike John Sally who has also won multilple championships with multiple teams, is Horry has been such a key factor in all his teams winning. Why Rasheed left him on that last play is the question of the day?

When that play started I didn't understand why Rasheed was so far away from him at the start. Horry has made 49 (Finals record by 7 or so) 3-pointers in the finals, and it seems like all of them are game winning shots.
Quote:
How about Rasheed requesting that time out at the end of regulation, good thing the clock had expired.
They did comment about Webber being in the building. Almost another moment in Finals infamy.
Old Mon Jun 20, 2005, 07:42am
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally posted by lukealex
Quote:

From the replay I saw, it looked like he might have had his feet on the circle, but it was hard to tell.
When contact occurred, his feet were not on or in the circle.
Old Mon Jun 20, 2005, 12:56pm
Official Forum Member

I think that NBA Officials must get pressured to make calls that are "Fan-Friendly". To me, it takes away from The Game. I can't believe that Hamilton's two Player Control Fouls were not seen. Granted, it's bitter for a Fan to end a game on a PCF but if you are really calling the game....what are you going to do? Hamilton committed the fouls and very overtly. Had Hamiliton's shot fallen, I think the Spurs would have been cheated beyond description on some great defense.
Old Mon Jun 20, 2005, 01:14pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
It looked to me like he called it (verbally) before the buzzer, then after signaled it. I don't know, I think it would have been funny (I don't care for Rasheed).
Old Mon Jun 20, 2005, 01:23pm
Official Forum Member

Send a message via Yahoo to SeanFitzRef
Quote:
Originally posted by JCrow
I think that NBA Officials must get pressured to make calls that are "Fan-Friendly". To me, it takes away from The Game. I can't believe that Hamilton's two Player Control Fouls were not seen. Granted, it's bitter for a Fan to end a game on a PCF but if you are really calling the game....what are you going to do? Hamilton committed the fouls and very overtly. Had Hamiliton's shot fallen, I think the Spurs would have been cheated beyond description on some great defense.
Funniest thing about this was the look Hamilton gave after the shot like "What, no foul?"

If the refs had blown the whistle there, and called a foul on San Antonio, the NBA would have never heard the end of it.