The Official Forum  

Go Back   The Official Forum > Basketball
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old Tue Jun 14, 2005, 09:40am
Official Forum Member

In game 2 Spurs vs Piston, there was a play in which Ginobili tried to penetrate, but run into Prince's front torso hard and knocked him over. But there was not foul call on either player. Ginobili then passed the ball to someone else.

Before the contact, Prince clearly established LGP and then moved into Ginobili's path to draw the contact. It seemed to me there was no illegal move in his part.

If someone noticed this play also, would you help me understand why there was no call on this contact?

Thanks.

Old Tue Jun 14, 2005, 10:28am
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally posted by ysong
In game 2 Spurs vs Piston, there was a play in which Ginobili tried to penetrate, but run into Prince's front torso hard and knocked him over. But there was not foul call on either player. Ginobili then passed the ball to someone else.

Before the contact, Prince clearly established LGP and then moved into Ginobili's path to draw the contact. It seemed to me there was no illegal move in his part.

If someone noticed this play also, would you help me understand why there was no call on this contact.
Just because there's contact, and a player flops, it doesn't mean a foul has occurred. Prince wasn't charged into. There was contact but each player was within their vertical plane. The official ruled that the contact did not caused Prince to flop.
Old Tue Jun 14, 2005, 10:35am
Do not give a damn!!

There is a reason guys like you (also applies to me) are sitting and watching the game and the officials that have the opportunity to make a call are working the game.

Let us say everything you say is right, it does not mean your judgment is what is going to be respected when the call is made.

Peace
Old Tue Jun 14, 2005, 02:46pm
Official Forum Member

To BballRef:

Thanks. But I am not sure we are talking about the same play. the one I was asking was at late 2nd quarter (or early 3rd quarter). From the TV angle, it did not seem that Ginobili tried to slow down at all before the crash and the contact was so hard that Ginobili's neck was bent sidewards.

To JRutledge:

I do not believe I understand your response.
Old Tue Jun 14, 2005, 03:18pm
Do not give a damn!!

Wink Your judgment is not at issue on the call.

If you were on the floor during the game, your judgment would matter. Since you were watching the game, your judgment does not matter. It is that simple.

Peace
Old Tue Jun 14, 2005, 03:51pm
Official Forum Member

Re: Your judgment is not at issue on the call.

Quote:
Originally posted by JRutledge
If you were on the floor during the game, your judgment would matter. Since you were watching the game, your judgment does not matter. It is that simple.

Peace
I see. your point is the NBA referees are not obligated to take my judgement into consideration when they make their calls.

That is very enlightening to me. Thanks for trying to help me understand that. Your are indeed very respectable, as everybody can tell.

Old Tue Jun 14, 2005, 04:08pm
Do not give a damn!!

Exclamation NBA officials do not care what YOU THINK.

Quote:

I see. your point is the NBA referees are not obligated to take my judgement into consideration when they make their calls.

That is very enlightening to me. Thanks for trying to help me understand that. Your are indeed very respectable, as everybody can tell.

Stop adding stuff to what I said.

Any official that is working any game, their judgment is the only one that matters.

Tony gave you a possible explanation, but it is only a "possible explanation." Tony was not on the game, neither was anyone else here. I did not even watch the game to know what call took place and why.

Honestly, if you need someone to explain something like this to you maybe officiating is not for you. Or maybe you need to officiate some more games to get a feel for what should be called. If you feel it was a bad call, then you have the right to your opinion. But in the bigger picture, it is just an opinion.

Peace
Old Tue Jun 14, 2005, 05:14pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
To BballRef:

Thanks. But I am not sure we are talking about the same play. the one I was asking was at late 2nd quarter (or early 3rd quarter). From the TV angle, it did not seem that Ginobili tried to slow down at all before the crash and the contact was so hard that Ginobili's neck was bent sidewards.
yosing, I'm talking about the play you're talking about. I not saying the call was right I wrong. I was attempting to help you understand how there can be contact on a play without there being a foul called. After all, that's what you asked for.

Once again, you can't grasp the concept.
Old Wed Jun 15, 2005, 08:36am
Official Forum Member

Re: NBA officials do not care what YOU THINK.

Quote:
Quote:

Stop adding stuff to what I said.

Any official that is working any game, their judgment is the only one that matters.

Tony gave you a possible explanation, but it is only a "possible explanation." Tony was not on the game, neither was anyone else here. I did not even watch the game to know what call took place and why.

Honestly, if you need someone to explain something like this to you maybe officiating is not for you. Or maybe you need to officiate some more games to get a feel for what should be called. If you feel it was a bad call, then you have the right to your opinion. But in the bigger picture, it is just an opinion.

Peace
Here we go again. Sigh.....
Old Wed Jun 15, 2005, 09:15am
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally posted by BktBallRef
Quote:
To BballRef:

yosing, I'm talking about the play you're talking about. I not saying the call was right I wrong. I was attempting to help you understand how there can be contact on a play without there being a foul called. After all, that's what you asked for.

Once again, you can't grasp the concept.
My apologies, if I offended you once again by my impenetrable dumbness. We both know I am pretty dense. So let's put our agreement in this regard aside and go back to my question.

I actually did not think the official made a wrong call, because no one complained this call (except Prince). So I believe there must be something I missed. but it did not look like the contact with this magnitude AND in block/charge situation could be considered incidental. From my meager understanding, this kind of play usually warrants a foul call one way or the other. So I am very very curious what I missed or what I misunderstand.

So BktballRef, because you watched this play, what is you take on the no-call? what did I miss or what are my misunderstandings?

Thanks.

Old Wed Jun 15, 2005, 02:43pm
Official Forum Member

I've already answered your question above. I see no need to write it again. Read it again and if you still don't understand, post and perhaps someone else will explain it to you.
Old Wed Jun 15, 2005, 02:55pm
Do not give a damn!!

Red face OMG!!!!!

If you do not want an answer, why do you keep asking these stupid questions? Either you accept the answer that was given or you call the official that actually made the call. I do not think he is coming here anytime soon, so our answers are going to have to work for now.

Peace
Old Wed Jun 15, 2005, 04:26pm
Official Forum Member

Re: OMG!!!!!

Quote:
If you do not want an answer, why do you keep asking these stupid questions? Either you accept the answer that was given or you call the official that actually made the call. I do not think he is coming here anytime soon, so our answers are going to have to work for now.

Peace

I ask a sincere question in this forum, you unexpectedly volunteered your valuable time to tell me the garbage you has been telling different people several times.

As a human being, you must belong to a realy amazing streak. Even though I would not wish you have the grace to do mankind a favor and stop your gene from spreading further, I did expect you to at least have the decency to refrain yourself from contaminating this forumm with your pitiable nonsenses. But you just disappointed me again.

Peace

Old Wed Jun 15, 2005, 04:32pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
I've already answered your question above. I see no need to write it again. Read it again and if you still don't understand, post and perhaps someone else will explain it to you.
If your answer is not relevant to my question, probably you should not write it in the first place. I see no need to waste each other's time either.

Old Wed Jun 15, 2005, 08:50pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Quote:
If your answer is not relevant to my question, probably you should not write it in the first place. I see no need to waste each other's time either.
My answer only seems irrelevant to you because you don't have the intelligence to understand it. But you're correct, I have wasted too much time on you.